What's new

AKAI Pureflat? (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Saw this at Sam's the other day and was astounded to see such higher end features as flat screen, component inputs, and 16:9 mode in a modestly priced ($380) no-name set. Anyone have any experience with these things? I think I'll keep my TW40X81 for the time being ;) but was thinking one of these might suit my parents for Christmas.
Any feedback would be appreciated!

Todd Pricer

Auditioning
I was also impressed with the AKAI RPTV I saw at Sam's the other day... 54" inch television with component inputs, great picture, etc. for only $999!! From what I could tell (granted I'm a novice)the picture was a good or better than RPTV's that cost $500 dollars more.

I'm looking into possibly getting one...

Huey

Agent
I believe it was a 27" direct view set. Image looks good but too small for HT IMHO. It's great for a bedroom set though. This is a good price for a direct flat tube TV.

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
My neighbor has one of those 27" AKAI's.

Too bad he bought an Apex DVD player without comnponent outputs before he bought the TV..

The TV actually looks quite good, and the 16:9 enhanced mode was a real shocker for me - Especially at the price he said he'd paid for it (~300).

I'd never heard of the brand before, but at that price, Im impressed. Not too sure about the quality of the components used though....

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks