What's new

Air Conditioner Damage? (1 Viewer)

DavidBelis

Agent
I just bought my whole Paradigm speaker setup (4 Titans, C170, PDR10) at the beginning of last winter. I live in a fairly small apartment, and now that summer's approaching, I have to reinstall my air conditioner (it's kept in the closet during the winter time).

Anyways, here's my problem. Because of the current setup of the main room, I'd have to install the AC right behind my left Titan, less then 2 feet away from it, and pointing directly at its rear.

Is there a problem with this? I'm afraid that the constant blowing of cool air could somehow ruin the speaker's drivers by stiffening them up, or something along those lines.

Am I correct in worrying about this, or not?
Any suggestions on what I should do (aside from the most obvious one, which is simply rearranging the setup of the room and the home theater)?

Thanks in advance.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It may color the sound slightly, but there should be no damage from this, unless you get condensation in/on the speaker, which I doubt you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks