What's new

After all my auditioning.....Klipsch it is (1 Viewer)

MikeNg

Second Unit
Thank you Scott>C for digging deep. Holy moley...

The horn/reflex divide is still pretty wide as it would appear. Having owned Heresy's for the last 15 years and loved them, I finally moved on to another set to run for my mains, and no they don't have horns in them.

And just for the record, there's no such thing as 'better than live'. To an 'audiophile', EVERYTHING produced by a speaker strives to match that which is live or true to life. If it sounds 'better than live' then it's adding color and artifacts.

One guy's opinion.

Mike

Shaun H

Auditioning
Hey everyone this is my first post I been hanging around this bored a while but I have just been lazy by not chiming in. Personally I don't like the PA / klispch sound but. I have a visual imparent and so my hearing cominstates by being better than most. Some like me just find horns way to harsh. I mean I love rock, but not nails on a chalk bored. But as most will say everyone is different and I think you maid a great choice.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
AlanZ: Yeah, any debate resumed with an angry smiley is funny. hehe :)
It's interesting that with Shaun's extra sharp hearing that the horn speakers bother him.
I guess it accentuates what many have said when they hear a horn speaker, they find the highs
irritating or shrill.

Shane Harg

Second Unit
While living in America, I had the Klipsch RF3IIs all the way around and I liked them a lot, but at reference levels they were fatiguing on the ears.

When I came to Japan, I found I had a smaller room to work with for HT. I couldn't go with towers like I had in America, so I decided to go with a good bookshelf setup. I went with the B&W DM series 3 speakers in 7.1 with a KEF sealed cabinet 10" sub giving me the .1. The B&Ws were much more refined, or laid-back, sounding than the Klipsch in the 2-channel store demo, but I have yet to hear them in my home in surround sound. I'm sure I will be happy with them, since I listen to a LOT of classical, and acoustic music, but in some situations, Klipsch just ROCKS!

ScottCarr

Second Unit
This thread has me laughing so hard.

I have had 4 complete speaker system in my HT and audion a number of brands. Picking speakers is like picking a beer. With so many choices you find one that you like and then it seems everyone is trying to tell you you should be drinking something different.

I had a Klipsch system and thought my ears were going to bleed to death. So I got rid of them and went to another speaker that was very pretty and I felt they lack the liveliness that I grew found of in the Klipsch. The HT sat idle for over 16 months. I recently dumped that brand and went on the hunt for another set up.

I looked and listened. looked and listened and listened and listened.

In the end it was Ebay to the rescue and I ended up with Klipsch RB75s for fronts and surrounds, RC7 for the center and RS7s for rear surrounds. I couldn't be happier with my Klipsch.

Well tell me I am deaf as a haddock because I like Klispsch and I will tell you at least I am a happy haddock enjoying their equipment.

Congrats on the Chris, welcome to the club, group, gang and world of Klipsch. Glad to hear you are enjoying your purchase.

Scott

Billy J

Auditioning
This is funny, I wonder if the original poster Chris even still have those speakers from 4 years ago!!!

must be a slow day!

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I haven't seen any posts by half the people involved in the original debate. Who knows where they are.

I will say that I have Klipsch Reference speakers (RF-35, RC-25, and RB-15's) and found them to sound very different with different brands of receivers/amps. I found Harman kardon to have the best sound with them even though my auditioning led me to have a enon 2805 mated to the package. In fact, I have a new Pioneer 1015 boxed up an reay to return to JanR as I found it to be a terrible match with the Klipsch. Lacked any dynamics-hated the combo.

Room acoustics an amplification will have such an impact on the sound it is silly to fight over one bran as a whole. Some are talking about the Synergy line compare to the Reference line. Oh well...

ScottCarr

Second Unit
See this is why these forums are successful and cost effective.

Men can argue over some crap, drop it and revisit the same topic with the same argument years later. Chevy vs ford vs gmc vs dodge vs whatever else. Klipsch vs BA vs polk vs rockets vs canton vs bose

Why because we enjoy stupid meaningless debates over trivial matters. For if it was over serious stuff it would interfere with drinking, listening and watching.

Drinking whatever, listening to anything at loud volumes (except if it is nagging) and watching movies or victoria secret commercials.

cheers to the forums and their users/supporters
Scott

Billy J

Auditioning
I have my R3 Series + SVS sub matched up to a Yamy 3300 and works for me.
Hey Dorian, it's funny you bring up J&R since I work like 10min from there. I don't think I've ever bought anything there but it's a decent place to play with the toys.
Yeah, well my Beer sounds better than any other out there!!! And it can resonate at 8Hz @200db after I down it! :D

Oren Paul

Stunt Coordinator
Cornwalls front, RC-7 center, RS-7 sides, KG-5.5s in the rear. I have had the Cornwalls since the early '80s and have been happy with them.

If I were starting over and money was no object I would listen to Magneplanes(sp?) before purchasing again.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
It takes a true man to understand that what they like or think is the best for them is not the best for someone else and in fact they might not even come close to liking what that person likes. We are all individuals and have different ears, different tastes and different rooms which all have an effect. I say once you have finally found it, share it with others but don't try to cram it down their throats as the end all to end alls....

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
It takes a true man to understand that what they like or think is the best for them is not the best for someone else and in fact they might not even come close to liking what that person likes. We are all individuals and have different ears, different tastes and different rooms which all have an effect. I say once you have finally found it, share it with others but don't try to cram it down their throats as the end all to end alls....
Well, their opinions are wrong. Don't forget that.;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I would be willing to bet most people who bash a well-established speaker technology have never heard it setup properly - OR NEVER HEARD IT AT ALL!!!
I dont think I ever bashed them, but in my last qwest for speakers I hadn't even considered Klipsch on account of all the strong opinions surrounding them. Well one thing lead to another and the Klipsch reference line was suggested to me by someone who knew what I was looking for after trying out some other brands. In the end, I wound up with the RB75's up front with the C-7 and the 35's in back. In no way would I say they're for everyone, but they (Klipsch reference) aren't what I originally thought by any stretch.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I haven't seen any posts by half the people involved in the original debate. Who knows where they are.
Dorian,

I'm here! Though, not too often these days. Currently serving as a musician for the USMC. I still love audio/HT but I've drifted away mostly due to time and funds. Just an update, I've actually come to really like horn speakers! LOL.

- Dan Hine

P.S. Is that sub still working alright for you?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
, now have K-horns.
Ron: do these speakers need a specific or minimum room size to properly work? I was wondering because the room becomes part of the bass horn and it if wasn't large enough, the bass could suffer.
BTW: did you see the new (slightly) redesigned Klipschorn? In fact, all of the Heritage speakers are redesigned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks