What's new

Advice with first time HT setup - speakers / reciever (1 Viewer)

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all, I am about to complete my first attempt at a home theater by purchasing a reviever (Onkyo 595 or Denon 1802) and a speaker set 1) Energy Take 5.2 + the Energy S 8.2 subwoofer or 2) The Polk Audio RM6000 or 3) The Harman Kardon HKTS 5. I have listened to both recievers with the Energy and Polks... and to be honest they all sound great! I have listened to the Harman Kardons at a friends house and they sound excellent as well (Sony Dolby Digital Reciever). Price is an issue.. I figure there will be around $450-$500 left to spend on spekaers. Size does matter!! The smaller the better, as the room is 15 x 12 and according to the wife.. is a home first, not a home theater.. (Gonna have to work on that one) I will not listen to things at extreme volumes, but a little bass would be nice :) .
Any advice you have on either the receivers or the speaker systems would be extreamly helpfull. Thanks in advance to the many experts out there!
Jim
Link Removed
- for picture of the house under construction and an equiptment list. Look for updated pictures this weekend, showing the TV and the unique layout of the room.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Welcome!
I would go with either #1 or #2. However there is a fourth option you may want to look at. The HTD Level Two. It is around the price range you are looking at.
For bass, let's just say odds are you will be upgrading the sub first. Add a nice SVS ;) or Adire Audio Rava :D. She'll never notice the difference. :D

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Jim, the energy's get my vote along with the denon. They will definately fill your room.:emoji_thumbsup: I have the encores paired with the denon 3801 but I also auditioned the polks with an onkyo (cant remember the model) which also sounded good but I choosed the other setup based largerly on sugggestions from this board.
Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks