What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Adobe Premeir 3.0 Pro - Worth the upgrade? Or stick with Adobe Elements... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to Pro 3.0, or stick with Elements 3.0. I watched the Flash Video, and there are alot of features I probably won't use, but alot I would.

Like the Resizing of a video to fit a portable device like a Creative Zen M, or a 4X3 TV, or to export it properly toFlash while keeping the high quality of it intact.

But what else can it do? CAn you create Blue-Screen effects with it? I.E. Take out the bluescreen background, and place yourself in the middle of a Star Wars battle, for instance? Create a Star Trek Beam in Effect, or Lightsaber effect? Etc.. What exactly can it's special effects capabilities do?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I currently play with the Premiere Pro and it does the chroma keying already. As for SFX, Adobe After Effects wins hands down. Everything from light sabers to the hologram of the Emperor. My son did a project using these software and a few props for his 5th grade science thingy. Of course I helped a bit.
Here's the link for it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, can you get a bit more detailed with that emperor effect, or is that how you guys wanted it to appear? I.E. Episode 5 'vader meditation chamber' detailed? :)

I could have some fun with this program, even if it is an expensive by. I wonder if I could get a beam in effect or the old He-Man Portal effect done as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks