What's new

Adam West Batman On Dvd ? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Is there any possibility of seeing the 60s BATMAN TV series
on DVD ? Season Box sets would be incredible, but even a selection of the best adventures would be great. It would sell comparatively well, I would've thought. Anyone else agree ? Or shed light on why it's unlikely ?

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Here is a second vote for the Adam West BATMAN tv show on dvd! I would buy them if they were released in season box sets! I already have the movie and I really enjoy it!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My post got deleted, but Fox would very much like to do the series. The problem is that Warner owns the Batman character, thus resulting in licensing HELL

Real Name
Anthony
Thanks - in a miserable way - for the info, Jeff. But, so how come the movie got a release ?
Can't we all just get along ?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The movie was probably a small payment, or already had the rights to do it on video formats.

I know it's something Fox is trying to make happen, just understand that it's going to be a pain in the arse for them so be patient

Phil E

Auditioning
Regarding the Adam West "Batman"--keep in mind that the movie that has been released on home video was released theatrically in the summer of 1966. One will often find completely different hurdles in releasing a television series vs. a movie of the same ilk because there were different contracts involved, okays were given for one but not the other,etc. If estates are involved, this can also add to the tangled mess that has become the desired product. Even though Fox has expressed interest, let me put in my vote as another buyer of the release of a season set, uncut and preferably ( but not required ) with extras, of the original "Batman" television show. Sometimes extra efforts can be made to get things out when interest from consumers is known to run high. May I also humbly suggest to Fox that, in the event that it may be awhile and in the event that they're planning extras, they begin any possible work now ( such as record commentaries, or interviews )so that the extras that everyone would appreciate will not only get done while the participants are willing and/or able to contribute but also so that when Fox gets the green light, at least some extras will be "in the bag" and ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks