What's new

Adam 12 (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
Found season 2-7 on Amazon individual. But not season 1. Looked at deep discount and season 1 is on back order. E bay has volume 1 I believe. Any other ideas? Thanks

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor
Just a heads up...the first season was originally released by universal on double sided discs, and were plagued with freezing issues. However, when the discs did play, the transfers of the shows were stellar. Seasons 2-7 were then released a number of years after season 1 by SHOUT Factory. These discs played with no reported issues, but the transfers were softer and duller than the universal season 1 release.

I would love to see a HD release of the show on BD, but have to believe that’ll never happen. In the meantime, we have to be happy with what we have.

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
There's a couple on eBay right now that say they're brand new/unopened. One is $39.95 and the other is $23.95. There's a misleading one that says it's Season 1, but it's a Volume 1 "Best of" set that has ten episodes. There are 4 sellers on Amazon that have it for sale, one new and three are used. From $29-$39.

A friend and I both bought the seven individual seasons last year. I did in two orders a few months apart and he all at once around November. We both found that Deep Discount had the best prices overall. Right now they look to be a few dollars more here and there on DD. I've been watching a couple episodes a week and just started Season 6.

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I’m hoping to grab the series. I like jack Webb related productions. I see that a lot of the actors from Dragnet that played LAPD command level officers in Dragnet are used as in uniform officers in Adam 12

The 1960's

Effects Supervisor
Real Name
Neal Rose
Would love to own Adam-12 but won't pay the crazy prices I'ver seen on all but Season 1. I'm sure it sells great which is why no price drop over so many years, but not to me. Hopefully someday a complete series at a decent price will become available and I don't mean $249.00 or $299.00. LOL!

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
Would love to own Adam-12 but won't pay the crazy prices I'ver seen on all but Season 1. I'm sure it sells great which is why no price drop over so many years, but not to me. Hopefully someday a complete series at a decent price will become available and I don't mean $249.00 or $299.00. LOL!

I agree. I bought seasons 2-7 individually and saved about $125. Still trying to get a physical copy of season 1. Will probably try deep discount. I downloaded it from I tunes. The problem with it is they are using Syndication masters. One episode on the season 1 from I tunes shows where to put commercials. It has a 1996 date. That tells me they used a TV land or Nick at Nite version

The 1960's

Effects Supervisor
Real Name
Neal Rose
I agree. I bought seasons 2-7 individually and saved about $125. Still trying to get a physical copy of season 1. Will probably try deep discount. I downloaded it from I tunes. The problem with it is they are using Syndication masters. One episode on the season 1 from I tunes shows where to put commercials. It has a 1996 date. That tells me they used a TV land or Nick at Nite version
When you say Syndicated Masters does that mean the episodes are cut? Thanks.

Museum Pieces

Second Unit
Real Name
Skylar
I don't think there is a stinker episode in this entire series, and I'm not sure there are any other shows that ran even half as long that can make that claim. This is an exemplary show, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baenwort
Recent bookmarks