What's new

Acquiring Film Prints (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Is there anyone here that knows anything about how one would go about acquiring film prints for display? Some friends and I have always kicked around the idea of one day opening a theater - but one that would throughout the week screen films other than the current blockbusters. How would one rent/borrow prints of various movies? Just curious. I am not in business now nor will I be for many years (if ever). I am more just curious. If I wanted to screen 2001 one week or host a director's series and show all of Spielberg, Scorcese or Tarantino's films, how would I get prints? Just curious if anyone knows anything about this and if so, are the costs enormous? Thanks for any info. :)

Admins/Mods, please forgive if this is the wrong area. If it is, please move this thread - I just did not know where it would fit.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
You would first need to hire a film booker and sign master license agreements with all of the studios. Then, it's a matter of what films are available for the dates you want them. Also, there are territorial restrictions to consider when playing new films. Costs vary too much to discuss here.

Look here and see what programs I am doing in the coming months:
Big Screen Classics at the Lafayette Theatre , feel free to contact me if you want any more info.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Cool. Thanks for that. I had your site bookmarked once and lost it. I have some family in Connecticut and when we visit, we usually spend some time throughout NY. Next time we are there, I will definitely pay your theatre a visit! That is awesome.

I appreciate the information. I am not even close to actually trying to open a theater, but I have always wanted to have someplace that shows movies other than the current fare. Maybe one day I can open one. I can dream, right. :)

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks