What's new

? about plugging the ports on a sub (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I have a Paradigm PDR12. Will plugging the ports make any major differences good or bad? Will it cause any damage to sub? What is used to plug the ports? Thanks in advance.
P.S. And yes SVS guys, I'm planning to get a SVS later in the year.:)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Unless the room is uncommonly small...it will probably change things for the worse. Sometimes just making sure the subwoofer is optimally placed and claibrated can offer a nice improvement on the bass though(if thats what you are after).

TV

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I don't know if the speaker was designed to have the ports plugged. It could cause the driver to work harder and can easily effect the amount of sound that comes from the speaker. (actually causing the bass to sound muddy)

I wouldn't do it.

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
i tried plugging my pdr12 before to improve the performance but it just got worse. try to find the optimal placement and if the result is still not up to your expectation, then it's time to find a better sub.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard somewhere of someone who used drinking straws to plug their sub and it worked fine.Haven't tried it myself though.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I have it in the best spot in the room. I was just seeing if I could squeeze any more out of it music wise until later in the year when I can order a SVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks