? about plugging the ports on a sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bobby T, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I have a Paradigm PDR12. Will plugging the ports make any major differences good or bad? Will it cause any damage to sub? What is used to plug the ports? Thanks in advance.
    P.S. And yes SVS guys, I'm planning to get a SVS later in the year.[​IMG]

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Unless the room is uncommonly small...it will probably change things for the worse. Sometimes just making sure the subwoofer is optimally placed and claibrated can offer a nice improvement on the bass though(if thats what you are after).

TV

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I don't know if the speaker was designed to have the ports plugged. It could cause the driver to work harder and can easily effect the amount of sound that comes from the speaker. (actually causing the bass to sound muddy)

I wouldn't do it.

4. Ariel

Ariel Stunt Coordinator

i tried plugging my pdr12 before to improve the performance but it just got worse. try to find the optimal placement and if the result is still not up to your expectation, then it's time to find a better sub.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

I've heard somewhere of someone who used drinking straws to plug their sub and it worked fine.Haven't tried it myself though.

6. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I have it in the best spot in the room. I was just seeing if I could squeeze any more out of it music wise until later in the year when I can order a SVS.