What's new

A/V Receiver Ventillation (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have an EQ that is sitting on top of the vents of my Yamaha receiver (I know, this is NOT GOOD) inside an entertainment center. I have installed exhaust fans behind the receiver. I have about 1 1/2" above the EQ. I need some recommendations as to what I can use to raise the EQ above the receiver. I thought of using vibrapods but they are not high enough. Any suggestions?

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Like Michael says, I'd take it off until I figured a better way. You could always build a forced air system into your receiver (one fan forcing air up from the bottom, with another sucking it out the top) and build some sort of duct. I think you're better off just putting the EQ somewhere else or getting a bigger AV rack.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I agree with everybody else, get the EQ out of there. I would never put a receiver in an entertainment center, asuuming it's partially closed, let alone stack something on top of it as well. 3-4 inches above of the receiver is a minimum, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks