What's new

A/V receiver connection to TV (1 Viewer)

Sunil*N

Grip
Hello..

I am new to HT set up so need some help. I have a A/V receiver which I am trying to use for building HT with a DVD player, a VCR and TV. My receiver has ability to connect with component a/v cables (so does the DVD player and VCR). So I am planning to use those cables.

My problem is my TV is from 1800s :frowning: :frowning: and has only one input which takes cable box type coneection. What I am mean by that is TV has only one input with wire that comes out from cable box or your cable connection from the wall.

What are my options? I wish to connect all my AV components (TV,DVD,VCR) thru A/V receiver. Can I buy some sort of convertor or adapter which can take component cable and on the other side output will be normal cable wire?

I hope my question make sense...

Thanks in advance.
Sunil*N

DougR

Second Unit
Your best option is to Upgrade your Tv !
The Single connection( F-Connector) that you speak of......
well,will leave you with equipt. that you can't really use without the main component....a Updated Tv.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
While buying a new tv would solve the problem. A cheaper solution would be this.RF modulator
You may find one cheaper some where else but that's what your looking for.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
It's cheaper but picture quality will be really bad. The F-connection is the worst type of connection for video and/or audio. But at least the modulator will help get things working for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks