What's new

A spot on my 50HDX82 (1 Viewer)

Lance Dahl

Agent
I recently took the plunge after reading this board for a loooong time. Thanks for all the great help. I took delivery of this set a month ago and have been tweeking it, I have been very happy with the set----But just recently noticed a blue spot(like a bad pixel on a monitor) on my Tv. Any idea what it could be? This is my first projection TV and can not tell if it may be something on the gun or something else. Any advice would be appriciated.
Thanks Lance

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Could be debris on a lens. Could be a flaw in the screen.

I had this problem on my first Sony. I was told it could be replaced under warranty, but that the TV would have to go into the "shop" for 7-10 days. Since I had just purchased it, I just did an exchange instead.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Is the spot actually blue? Or is it cyan or magenta? Does it appear only on a white background, or can you see it on dark or colored backgrounds? Can you see it with the set turned off? Is the spot at the center of the screen or not?

Chances are it's one of three things: a speck of dirt on the screen, a speck of dirt on one of the CRTs, or a defective CRT. If it's on the center of the screen, it could be a phosphor burn caused by the electron beam not being cut off quickly enough when the set is shut off. If this is the case, you'll have to address it under warranty as it's a defect in the set.

KJP

Lance Dahl

Agent
It is Bluish and can only be seen aginist lighter Backgrounds I can not see it with the set off. It is located in the upper right 1/4 of the screen. Thanks for all the help.
Lance

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Lance, it sounds like exactly what I had.

The service guy said he was pretty sure it was a flaw in one of the screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks