What's new

Questions Toshiba 50HDX82 (1 Viewer)

Greg_Ritchie

Stunt Coordinator
I have some questions regarding my Toshiba RPTV, I've been very happy with the picture thus far but have a couple questions:

1. I notice that when I do the nine point convergence the #1 position (top left corner) never gets tight, it appears bloomy and fuzzy all around the "T" and I can't seem to get this one spot in focus, all other positions are fine.
2. I've run the set for approx 60-70 hours so far should I take time to do the 56 pt. convergence yet? Will this fix question #1?
3. The picture seems to be deteriorating? I notice a lot more jaggies in the picture recently (interlaced DVD Panasonic RV31)? Is this because I'm more aware of it or could it be that the set isn't performing as well? I'm planning on upgrading to Progressive soon so this might be a non issue?
4. At times the picture on some DVDs seems a lot grainier than I would expect, some scenes are perfect and others are really grainy and sort of pixelated? The two DVDs I watched that I really noticed this on were Pitch Black and The Scorpion King. I had not noticed this nearly as bad on the last 15 or so DVD I watched.
5. I'm planning on switching from my RV31 to an RP82, what can I expect in terms of improvement in picture? 1%, 5%? I know this is subjective but some input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Greg

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Greg, the fuzzy '1' position is probably due to poor mechanical or electronic focus, but it's hard to say for sure without seeing it. You really don't have to wait any set amount of time to do a service-level convergence. The customary waiting period is more for grey scale and colour accuracy. The convergence on any set will normally drift somewhat for the first month or so as it settles in, but on the Toshiba's, one push of the Touch Focus button should restore everything if it was done right in the first place.

Dreama Slay

Auditioning
HI, we've had our new 50H82 for about 2 weeks now. Ours also has one number that just won't focus right in the 9 pt conversion, being the number 9 in the bottom right corner. We also have the pixelating in dvd's and have noticed the picture getting grainer and of worse quality. But actually it seemed to really be apparant after our first 56 pt conversion, which has got me baffled. I would love to see some other comments and hopefully someone could give us some feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks