A small intro...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Barry F, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Barry F

Barry F Auditioning

Dec 28, 2001
    I have been perusing this site for quite some time now and I'm in awe of the vast knowledge that is yet to be gained. Unfortunately, I am quite a newbie when it comes down to HT and I probably won't be setting up a "real" system for at least a year (probably more like 18 months). I am here to do some extensive research and hopefully learn what the heck you guys are talking about when you discuss ohms and other specs.
    My current equipment was bought on a pretty tight budget w/ no knowledge. I simply bought what I liked at the time, and since coming to this site, my taste has significantly increased.
    Sony 20" Wega TV #KV20FV12
    Sony DVD HT in a box #DAV-S300
    Sony PS2
    Sony MDR-V6 Headphones (for the CPU - very nice for the price)
    Sennheiser HD580 headphones (for HT listening)
    Everything is connected w/ Monster cables. I have S video running from the PS2 and DVD to a switch and then the switch is run to the TV by S-video as well. My TV only has 1 S-video input. The PS2 is connected via optical to the DVD for sound.
    I am currently in the market for a good headphone amp and I'm about 2 weeks from purchasing an MG Head OTL version.
    I'm not sure whether to love you guys or hate you guys for the great info you've provided. [​IMG] Thanks for all of your useful information.
  2. WilliamM

WilliamM Stunt Coordinator

Dec 29, 2001
    Welcome aboard. I have found the members of this board to very helpful and respectful. Even though I am a new member of this board I have been involved with home audio for over 20 years. I have participated in other boards, but find this to be the most informative class act.[​IMG]