What's new

A small intro... (1 Viewer)

Barry F

Auditioning
Hello everyone.
I have been perusing this site for quite some time now and I'm in awe of the vast knowledge that is yet to be gained. Unfortunately, I am quite a newbie when it comes down to HT and I probably won't be setting up a "real" system for at least a year (probably more like 18 months). I am here to do some extensive research and hopefully learn what the heck you guys are talking about when you discuss ohms and other specs.
My current equipment was bought on a pretty tight budget w/ no knowledge. I simply bought what I liked at the time, and since coming to this site, my taste has significantly increased.
Equipment:
Sony 20" Wega TV #KV20FV12
Sony DVD HT in a box #DAV-S300
Sony PS2
Sony MDR-V6 Headphones (for the CPU - very nice for the price)
Sennheiser HD580 headphones (for HT listening)
Everything is connected w/ Monster cables. I have S video running from the PS2 and DVD to a switch and then the switch is run to the TV by S-video as well. My TV only has 1 S-video input. The PS2 is connected via optical to the DVD for sound.
I am currently in the market for a good headphone amp and I'm about 2 weeks from purchasing an MG Head OTL version.
I'm not sure whether to love you guys or hate you guys for the great info you've provided. ;) Thanks for all of your useful information.

WilliamM

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome aboard. I have found the members of this board to very helpful and respectful. Even though I am a new member of this board I have been involved with home audio for over 20 years. I have participated in other boards, but find this to be the most informative class act.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks