What's new

A.R. speaker help (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Have you checked Ebay/Audiogon. These are going to be hard to find but you might be able to find them.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Scott,

When I was looking for the AR2C Terence was my knight in shining armor. Hopefully he'll be able to rescue you as well. :D

P.S.- I couldn't sympathize more with you. Two and a half months ago I was standing right where you are now - a pair
of AR1's and desperately seeking an AR2C center channel. At the time I was using a -ahem- Bose VCS10 center channel, and a pair of Sony SS-SR11 speakers for the rears.

It all unexpectantly came together one day right here on
this forum - Terence informed me on where I could find an AR2C, and another HTF member named Yousaf mentioned that he was looking to sell his pair of AR15's.

Fate?, or dumbluck?, I don't know and I don't care, all I know is that now I'm in AR Hi-Res heaven. I gotta give another big ass "THANK YOU" to Terence and Yousaf for helping make my sonic dreams a reality. :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D
:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

By the way Scott, everyone is right on the money about Ebay, early last month there was an assortment of AR Hi-Res speakers for sale, but being as highly sought after as they are they don't remain unsold for very long; as such it would be in your best interest to check daily if at all possible. Good luck.:) :emoji_thumbsup:

terence

Supporting Actor
Reese! You are too good to me.:b

SVS RULES!
I know right!:D

AR Hi-Res RULES!:emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :D

What's up Chad? Anything new?

Congrats Scott on jumping on those AR17's! Sorry Melton's could not help you, but stay on ebay like Chad and Reese said. Hi-Res stuff shows up and when it does it goes fast.

ScottGilger

Auditioning
Thankyou everyone for the love of AR speakers:D :D I will keep looking for the AR2C and hopefully something will come my way.:) I will keep everyone inform if something comes up?
In the meantime everyone keep your eyes open, Scott :emoji_thumbsup: :b

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Scott why do you want the ar15's and not the ar17's?

You could always post a wanted add on Audiogon....or go here and post an ad http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pre...826561-8394306

Terence....what's new...well moved into the house at the end of july so had to set everything up...check out my pics...will be getting a Front Projector instead of a RPTV...reason being TV might not make it into the basement.

Scott best of luck on the AR HI Res stuff...I know I love my stuff....

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Terence,

Not much new on the new speaker project. I am waiting for
John Janowitz to finish up the design and he's almost there!

Now all I need to do is come up with $1240.00 to buy all
the raw drivers! (24 7" Mids, 24 Ribbon Tweeters, 1 AV12
and crossover parts)

I figure $2500.00 total to finish the project and have a
set of speakers that anything 40+K should compete with :)

Ohh yeah and still working on my audio rack.. I just got
back the aluminum I gave to my friend. He machined out all
of the rings for me. He's working on drilling the long
holes through the oak beams (ruined 3 pieces so far) I sure
hope he don't ruin any more considering I already spent
$78.00 on just the oak!

Ohh yeah I got myself a new Digicam too.. Here's a pic
taken with it :)

http://www.westol.com/~brettd/temp/P8200259.JPG

Just click on the link.. I don't want to clog up Scott's
thread with a huge picture... But it sure is a pretty
picture! :)

terence

Supporting Actor
Man you you have a lot of projects going on! Know wonder you have been MIA.

Okay first speakers.....

figure $2500.00 total to finish the project and have a
40+k WOW! those are some speakers defiantly keep me posted on those.

Rack...

I forgot you were working on the rack can't wait to see the finish product.

Brett that is a pretty pic. i love Parasound's new look, really classy.

Chad CONGRATS on the new crib, and a projector is the way to go for that movie presentation feel. I hope to be in my new house w/ a basement this time next year. Then i can really go all out!

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Do you guys know if the newer ARs sound anything as good as the old school (80's) 58b, 8, 9's? Is the sound character similar? I thought that they went to pot, but it seems as if they're going through a revival of quality and it would be great. I loved my 58's (enough to replace all the damn drivers and crossover after frying them enough from not having enough power (crappy Proton receiver))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks