What's new
World Wide Stereo

A Quick Cable Question (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
Generally speaking, which cable/connection offers the best production of sound, coaxial or optical and why?
Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tim K

Second Unit
neither. there is no difference. they both carry digital signals and as long as you have a good quality version of each their performance should be identical.

which one is more practical for your application is a different question. It depends on your DVD player, Receiver, etc. My DVD player only has Coaxial. My CD player only has Optical. My receiver has a limited number of inputs for each, so my equipment dictates my needs.

Longevity is another issue. You have to be more careful with optical. You can't bend it nearly as much or you could damage the fiberoptic wire. Also, it is more difficult to find long runs of optical cable, whereas long coax's are more readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks