What's new

A PEEK AT THE MEMBER OF THE WEDDING (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Stunning. Gorgeous. A great black-and-white transfer of a beautiful film by Fred Zinnemann from the Carson McCullers novel and play. Incredible acting everywhere you look.

If you can believe it, I'd never seen it before. What a treat. And to discover an Alex North score I'd never heard.

If there's some reason you haven't ordered this, I can only say do so immediately if you love great storytelling, a great story, superb acting and directing and stunning transfers. Just do it and thank me later.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Stunning. Gorgeous. A great black-and-white transfer of a beautiful film by Fred Zinnemann from the Carson McCullers novel and play. Incredible acting everywhere you look.

If you can believe it, I'd never seen it before. What a treat. And to discover an Alex North score I'd never heard.

If there's some reason you haven't ordered this, I can only say do so immediately if you love great storytelling, a great story, superb acting and directing and stunning transfers. Just do it and thank me later.

X 2! Anyone thinking about this one should move quickly, as it will probably sell out to libraries and universities. Great film from every angle. Shot by Hal Mohr -- Captain Blood, The Jazz Singer, The Lost Moment, Rancho Notorious.

RAH

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I never saw it, either -- but I never ignore this one-two punch, so consider it done.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The amazing thing is that Julie Harris was 27 years old while playing a 12-year old and pretty much gets away with it. Such classic performances with her, Brandon de Wilde, and Ethel Waters.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
13245409_10153833254637779_847858353378234426_n.jpg

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
That poster gets a wow. What on earth were they thinking? "a girl becomes a woman in the middle of a kiss" - the neglect to mention there is no kiss, and the girl is twelve. And trying to make her look like Jane Wyman in a Doug Sirk picture. I hope this is a B style poster and that there's something around that would actually tell people what the movie was about. And nice how they lighten the skin of Ethel Waters and nice how the trumpet player is white.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
That poster gets a wow. What on earth were they thinking? "a girl becomes a woman in the middle of a kiss" - the neglect to mention there is no kiss, and the girl is twelve. And trying to make her look like Jane Wyman in a Doug Sirk picture. I hope this is a B style poster and that there's something around that would actually tell people what the movie was about. And nice how they lighten the skin of Ethel Waters and nice how the trumpet player is white.
I agree the poster makes no sense... I'm thinking this must have been a difficult film to market.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Odd but not unique. Here is a poster for "The Corn Is Green" Bette Davis as a middle age school teacher.

51OqTrj03GL._SY300_.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
There's a poster of The Wizard of Oz in its 1955 reissue that uses art from Meet Me in St. Louis for Judy's head shot.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I love old movie posters but they're usually unreliable in accuracy regarding the film itself. In this poster for The Maltese Falcon they've taken Bogart's Roy Earl from High Sierra (notice the haircut) and with two guns blazing slapped him on the poster. They also reduced Mary Astor's waistline.
1941.jpg

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Anyone thinking about this one should move quickly, as it will probably sell out to libraries and universities.
RAH

Now, where have I heard that before? ...ah, yes...

Twilight Time's new Blu-ray will be on most top ten lists for catalog titles released in 2015. I highly suggest that you not wait to grab a copy, as also in line, will be every high school and university library, and every other lover of the cinema.

...and yet A Man For All Seasons has still not sold out - a sad indictment on the state of film appreciation.

Happy to have purchased two copies of Twilight Time's AMFAS, my hands-down favourite film, and soon to add this and Julia to my Fred Zinnemann TT Blu-ray collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks