What's new

Hulu A Murder At The End Of The World (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the first 4 episodes so far. Pretty cool (figuratively and literally) murder mystery with plenty of internet era context (AI, social media, amateur sleuths, etc.). Has some Mare of Easttown mixed with Glass Onion vibes.

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
I've seen the first 4 episodes so far. Pretty cool (figuratively and literally) murder mystery with plenty of internet era context (AI, social media, amateur sleuths, etc.). Has some Mare of Easttown mixed with Glass Onion vibes.
Once you get to the end, just note how powerful the scenes between Bill and Darby are
The further into the series you get, the acting between these two is phenomenal, rich, and it feels completely authentic

Clive Owen is a beast always
Brit Marling i love

it’s a solid show. I enjoyed it.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Completed the series earlier today. I would agree with Wes that the scenes between Bill and Darby were the emotional heart of the series (mostly told in flashback) and that the two actors turned in fine performances. Brit Marling is a reliable actor and was quite effective in this series as well.

I liked the setup and the progression of the mystery and most of the cast. However, I felt the denouement in the final episode kind of fizzled out. Your mileage may vary. :)

Still worth a look despite that critique for Bill and Darby.

- Walter.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Finished it tonight.

I agree with Walter that the denouement was not the slam bang finish it could have been - in terms of satisfaction level, that is. Maybe about 75-80%.

But the mystery was still plotted quite well. Plenty of clues everywhere.

Certain elements did feel a bit too "easy". For example, the way Darby lures the hotel manager away from his computer so she could then use it. And then the use of the son's birthday as the password? This was an old trick back in War Games (1983). Not believable 40 years later when there are tech gurus abound.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Finished it tonight.

I agree with Walter that the denouement was not the slam bang finish it could have been - in terms of satisfaction level, that is. Maybe about 75-80%.

But the mystery was still plotted quite well. Plenty of clues everywhere.

Certain elements did feel a bit too "easy". For example, the way Darby lures the hotel manager away from his computer so she could then use it. And then the use of the son's birthday as the password? This was an old trick back in War Games (1983). Not believable 40 years later when there are tech gurus abound.
Just finished it tonight, watching a few episodes this week after one a week at first.

It was very well done and I think I had suspicions of who was behind the murder, but I couldn't figure out the how or precisely the why. A good number of red herring events.

Regarding
They tried Zoomer's birthday and that was not the password. It was the "birthday" of the AI, Ray. That was something only Andy and Zoomer knew and probably no one else could find out and probably wouldn't ever suspect. So, it was secure except they had Zoomer helping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks