What's new

A little help (AudioFile brand speakers?) (1 Viewer)

Marc Heynderick

Auditioning
Hey- I am new to this forum, and came accros it while looking for help on my AudioFile surround sound system. My friend gave it to me after blowing the speakers- but the sub works great- I have several questions- i hope someone can help.......
1. A.Who is audio file?
B.What happened to them?
C. Can i get Documentation anywhere?
D. Are They ok quality?
2. A. Can i fix the speakers? (5 speakers)
B. How?
3. On my aiwa av-d58 amp there is a SUB out 1 RCA jack- on the sub there is a Left and Right INput RCA jack- can i safley get a converter from radioshack or something?

TIA!
Marc H

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Marc,

Welcome to the forum!

I have edited the title of your thread to add some actual information on the content. You'll find "teaser" style topics like your original header will achieve little attention, where mentioning an actual bit about the content will help dramatically.

I have also moved this to out "speakers" section- as I feel you're much more likely to get answers on this particular brand.

-vince

Marc Heynderick

Auditioning
Thank you vince- It is weird- i have the sub connected to my computer right now- using a 3.5 to y rca jack and it seems to work- But it have High Level In and Hing Level OUt on the back- Whats with these?
Marc

Cam S

Screenwriter
Weren't the "AudioFile" speakers being sold out of the dreaded white vans? I could have sworn that brand was mentioned in that White van thread a while back.

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Unfortunately I think they are "white van" speakers (White Van Scam (Audiofile) ), so I don't think you'll get much in the way of product support from these guys. Unless of course, you chase down the van:)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
On my aiwa av-d58 amp there is a SUB out 1 RCA jack- on the sub there is a Left and Right INput RCA jack- can i safley get a converter from radioshack or something?
Are these separate from the high level inputs? If these are indeed low-level inputs (RCA jacks usually are.. but theres no telling with Audiofile) these can be safely connected with a "Y" adapter to your sub out on your Aiwa. Is there any sort of crossover knob on the sub?

Marc Heynderick

Auditioning
Thankfully............ i found out some stuff- audiofile went out of buisness- the ones i have were bought from AUDIOFILE- not the whitevan- yes the 2x rca jacks are different from highlevel inputs- and thx for hte info on hte high and low- i swear i new that! I remember that from my aunts system now.......
Thx.
MArc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks