A little help (AudioFile brand speakers?)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Heynderick, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Marc Heynderick

Marc Heynderick Auditioning

Hey- I am new to this forum, and came accros it while looking for help on my AudioFile surround sound system. My friend gave it to me after blowing the speakers- but the sub works great- I have several questions- i hope someone can help.......
    1. A.Who is audio file?
    B.What happened to them?
    C. Can i get Documentation anywhere?
    D. Are They ok quality?
    2. A. Can i fix the speakers? (5 speakers)
    B. How?
    3. On my aiwa av-d58 amp there is a SUB out 1 RCA jack- on the sub there is a Left and Right INput RCA jack- can i safley get a converter from radioshack or something?

TIA!
    Marc H

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Marc,

Welcome to the forum!

I have edited the title of your thread to add some actual information on the content. You'll find "teaser" style topics like your original header will achieve little attention, where mentioning an actual bit about the content will help dramatically.

I have also moved this to out "speakers" section- as I feel you're much more likely to get answers on this particular brand.

-vince

3. Marc Heynderick

Thank you vince- It is weird- i have the sub connected to my computer right now- using a 3.5 to y rca jack and it seems to work- But it have High Level In and Hing Level OUt on the back- Whats with these?
    Marc

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Weren't the "AudioFile" speakers being sold out of the dreaded white vans? I could have sworn that brand was mentioned in that White van thread a while back.

5. CoreyH

CoreyH Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, Unfortunately I think they are "white van" speakers (White Van Scam (Audiofile) ), so I don't think you'll get much in the way of product support from these guys. Unless of course, you chase down the van[​IMG]

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

7. Marc Heynderick

Thankfully............ i found out some stuff- audiofile went out of buisness- the ones i have were bought from AUDIOFILE- not the whitevan- yes the 2x rca jacks are different from highlevel inputs- and thx for hte info on hte high and low- i swear i new that! I remember that from my aunts system now.......
    Thx.
    MArc