What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Zero Dark Thirty -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

There are some years, and 2012 was one, where finding a “best picture” can be difficult, made even more so by standouts in cinematography or acting that pit one film against another of essentially the same overall superior quality.

Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty is an extraordinary work that can finally be had on Blu-ray. 

One of the wonderful things about modern home entertainment, is that being  in sync with the production and post of features using the DI process, we can see precisely what was projected at theaters on properly tuned home hardware.

Perfection.

Films shot as data, taken through the DI process can fully replicate the looks and textures of the original, with a final down-rez to consumer Blu-ray.

The Bottom line is, that beginning with a great production, we have a perfect Blu-ray.

Everything that you've heard and read about this film is correct.  From direction, cinematography, performances, editing, music -- everything is about as perfect as a film can be.  The screenplay is should get special note.  How do you create something that must be both entertaining and breathlessly exciting, when you know the outcome.

Not as easy as one might believe.  This one is worth reading after you see it.

A reference quality Blu-ray,  and currently under $23 street price.

Very Highly Recommended.

RAH

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Thanks for the review, RAH. Did you happen to see any issues during the final moments of the raid sequence? During my viewing, I saw a very noticeable banding in a large cloud of smoke/dust. It was the only problem that jumped out at me during the entire film, so I'm not dismissing the possibility that it could have been equipment-based.

Otherwise, an outstanding presentation--the audio was particularly nice during the raid.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
FYI: The Best Buy ZERO DARK THIRTY steelbook is evidently crazy rare. I got to my store at 10:00AM on Tuesday and they only had four, all of which were gone by the time I checked out. One guy got three, I bought one for myself. I've seen similar reports elsewhere.

If anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger on that one, don't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks