What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Welcome to L.A. -- in Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Kino Lorber has released Alan Rudolph's 1976 Welcome to L.A., and in brief, it's a winner in the tech department.

Fans of the great Robert Altman, will probably be the majority picking up this release.  While I can't say that it stands the test of time, it remains a very interesting artifact of the era.

As a Blu-ray it's superb.

The image is stable, with a pleasing color palette, what appears to be proper grain, and nice black levels.  Everything appears to be in place

Mr. Rudolph followed Welcome with some very interesting projects.  Those who wish to see where things began, should take a peek.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I love the soundtrack album, so I'm just glad that the music sounds great on the Blu-Ray. In my opinion, the movie itself makes a nice little addendum to the 70's Robert Altman movie universe.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm guessing that you also must love the fact that this is a "Christmas" movie, David...or at least is set at Christmas time making it fairly cool alternative Christmas viewing.

Welcome to LA Xmas.jpg

Welcome to LA.jpg

Also thanks very much to Mr. Robert Harris for providing a review of this one as it seems Alan Rudolph's work gets very little attention.

And thanks to Kino as well for getting this and Love at Large out on blu-ray and I hope Kino gets a few more of Rudolph's films out on blu as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks