What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I'm patiently waiting for my postman's delivery. Recently, I did watch it on the TCM app and I can tell it was derived from a new transfer that is much better than the German BD. I'll be buying "Bandolero!" BD again too as I liked that film quite a lot too. I actually watched that film in a movie theater during its theatrical run as there weren't too many westerns from that era that I didn't see in a movie theater.:)
A difference of night and day between the German Blu-ray and Twilight Time's Blu-ray. A great looking disc!

quantumsnoga

Agent
Real Name
George P Snoga
A side note. An interesting pairing of movies is to watch Warlock, and then follow it with My Name Is Nobody, In many ways it is as if Henry Fonda picked up the same character in Warlock and transported it (much older) into the later setting of Nobody.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
A side note. An interesting pairing of movies is to watch Warlock, and then follow it with My Name Is Nobody, In many ways it is as if Henry Fonda picked up the same character in Warlock and transported it (much older) into the later setting of Nobody.

One of my favorite Westerns! "Just think of it, 150 pure bred sons of bitches on horseback and you facing 'em alone. You'll be written up in all the history books."

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Mr. Harris,
I am also guilty of liking Dean Martin's films and saw all of the 1960's theatrical releases, including 1970's (big time Jean Seberg fan) Airport and unfortunately, Mr Ricco ( love the Earl Shives paint job scene). I saw Bandolero! many times during it's initial release and even on a double bill with Escape From The Planet Of The Apes as many did. Will be curious to see how TT release of Bandolero! matches up to the German blu ray, which I thinks sounds and looks quite good. I have introduced many to Warlock thru my radio show and at my home and always felt it was a fine piece of cinema.

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Correction to the above, the paint job in Mr. Ricco was courtesy of Earl Shibes, not Shives and the ads stated "we will paint any car for 99.00!". In addition, I still have the Phase 4 soundtrack for Bandolero! and for some reason Martin's estate would not allow his name and sometimes, photo to be on the LP. I have heard rumors regarding this in the past and wanted to know if anyone else if familiar with this.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Correction to the above, the paint job in Mr. Ricco was courtesy of Earl Shibes, not Shives and the ads stated "we will paint any car for 99.00!". In addition, I still have the Phase 4 soundtrack for Bandolero! and for some reason Martin's estate would not allow his name and sometimes, photo to be on the LP. I have heard rumors regarding this in the past and wanted to know if anyone else if familiar with this.

Now you're here, too? <sarc>

Yes, Dean's contract with his record label precluded the use of his image/name on certain other releases.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Now you're here, too? <sarc>

Yes, Dean's contract with his record label precluded the use of his image/name on certain other releases.

Yep, I have the original LP and he was missing there as well. It initially puzzled me but eventually I figured out that was the reason.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
dvdbeaver review

Euro
large_warlock_subs_blu-ray_.jpg

TT
large_warlock_subs_blu-ray_.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, do I disagree with that review about the Twilight Time's colors being passive and muted and I'm questioning the accuracy of his screen shots.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Man, do I disagree with that review about the Twilight Time's colors being passive and muted and I'm questioning the accuracy of his screen shots.

Whew! Good to hear because it looks like all the color has been drained from the TT "screen shots".

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's too expensive and not how he spelled his name. In the 60's it was:

AR-170119619.jpg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And to get back on topic, I need to order both of these films. I've never seen Warlock and it's been awhile for Bandelero! Disappointed to hear that DVDBeaver may be putting out pictures that don't reflect how they actually look.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
And to get back on topic, I need to order both of these films. I've never seen Warlock and it's been awhile for Bandelero! Disappointed to hear that DVDBeaver may be putting out pictures that don't reflect how they actually look.

Probably not a good idea to post an image based upon subtitle positioning.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When I get a chance I'm going to pull out both Blu-rays of "Warlock" and watch them in motion during some of those screen shot scenes for comparison. I'll try to do that in the next 24 hours.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

Really? He's been putting out screen shots that have no bearing on what these things actually look like for YEARS. He does every Blu-ray a disservice, sorry. We won't even go into his Beaverisms, review-wise. The Twilight Time's color was excellent, especially if there is fade to the negative - it looked great. Even in that sorry screen shot the color is not "drained" - brighten it to the overbright other cap and it would pretty much be identical. But those shots are pointless because his caps are the WORST.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bruce, to quote Carrie Fisher's character Marie from When Harry Met Sally — "You're right, you're right. I know you're right."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks