What's new

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well now I'm starting to get an idea of what may be holding up my order of The Glass Bottom Boat and the reason for the "Currently Unavailable" note on Amazon for Summer Stock.

Amazon now showing the Blu-ray for Summer Stock (1950) will be available on April 30th, 2019.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I've never ever voted them in and I'll certainly be doing my utmost to vote the barbarians out.........
You did get out at the right time!
At least we're still well enough to escape to Italy or Spain once a year.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Realistically, I'm starting to wonder if Amazon isn't the worst place to pre-order WAC releases from, at the moment (or order at all for the first month or so, which is bad, considering that the first few months of release are the most important, sales-wise).

Honestly, I've started to prefer eBay to Amazon for buying stuff simply because you can now do so without an account.

I am definitely looking forward to having this despite already owning the HD streaming version on iTunes.

This is why I don't believe those scaremongering articles about how "physical media is dead"; those who publish them seem to be the ones with the knives in their hands.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I was answering a comment by David Hare .. he said: These titles always turn up at importcds.com more or less as announced. I have never had to look very hard to find what I want there. My copy of SS hasn't shipped yet but the credit charge has just been "held" over my account. Other times I use Amazon, but they are less "complete" and they have also been having manufacturing and distrib issues over the last few months escp. with Criterion titles. Of course the ever enlightened Oz government passed a law for Gerry Harevey last year banning imports from the various amazon. Vote em out next month Anthony! I don't live there any more thank god.

And I was in total agreement with him, of course!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm hoping for delivery any day now. Amazon was useless ... no stock when I looked .. but I found an Ebay retailer who gave a delivered-to-Australia price of just $33 Australian which, given our exchange rate, seemed very reasonable.

Charles Walters' 1950 Summer Stock, would be the final Judy Garland film in three-strip Technicolor. She would next appear in a 1954 Warner Bros, Eastman Color / CinemaScope production.

While not derived directly from the original negatives, Warner Archive's new Blu-ray is a delight. It's taken from an IP, which has been massaged to bring the records into virtually perfect alignment.

Color, densities and grain structure, are all in place, and the final result is stunning.

A pleasure from start to finish.

Image - 4.75

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Absolutely

Recommended

RAH

My disc arrived today and there's a subtle change to the cover ...

Attachments

• summer stock.jpg
    summer stock.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks