What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Men in Black 3 3D -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There are very few films, the quality and success of which, are bettered by a sequel. You can probably count the number of them on the fingers of one hand, and have a couple left over.

Things get even rougher, when a [SIZE= 14px]sequel doesn't live up to the expectations of the original, and the filmmakers try for a third.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]In this case, I'm pleased that they did, as after MIB 2, I didn't believe we'd be seeing another. The odds of 3 being close in quality to the first should have been problematic, but in this case, using all of the information we already know from the first, MIB 3, outshines the original.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]It's a terrific piece of entertainment. Shot on film as well as digital (Arri Alexa), with a final 4k DI, MIB 3 3D is another superb addition to one's 3D library.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]On Blu-ray, the imagery is knife sharp, with brilliant color, and superb audio in DTS-HD MA 5.1[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]For those who desire a break from heavy drama, MIB 3 will allow you to kick back, relax, and just be entertained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Highly Recommended.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]RAH[/SIZE]

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I completely agree that it is better than the original (which was a great flick I never expeted to see topped by a sequel). It was a total surprise when I saw it, dreading a horrible sequel after MiB2. I was also really blown away by how good the 3D was in theaters. Definitely the best 3D films I've seen from a technical stand point. I don't have a 3D tv, so I'll have to do wth the 2D blu-ray.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn't thi k it was better then 1 but it is better then 2.
Saw at the movies and really liked it.
Tried to buy it at Target on 3D but they didn't have it. I have target money so that's why I'll up it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks