What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ 2016 World Series -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If I'm going to spend time watching a sports event, it's going to be baseball.

The concept of two supreme underdogs, making their way to the World Series was an Event, but life interceded in the viewing of the final game, was forced to give up at the rain delay, and never saw the final inning.

While I'm told that there have been previous releases of entire World Series games on Blu-ray (the earliest appears to be 2, this was my first experience, and it was breathtaking, especially projected on a large screen, up-rezzed to 4k.

If viewing the series on a large flat panel was exciting, it doesn't get much better than this for fans. And while being at the stadium can be special, even from great seats, you're still watching ants moving around on a green background, while someone is standing in front of you, and beer splashes from above.

Shout Factory has performed a service by releasing this authorized 8-disc collection, which includes the final playoff game.

For true fans, this is every moment, not a compilation of "bests."

As a Blu-ray, the set shines, as it comes directly from the HD broadcast. Strangely, some facial details seem smoothed, but otherwise, both visually as well as aurally, it can't get any better.

For baseball fans, this is nirvana.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks