What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ TrollHunter -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It appears to be time for Norway's Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg to bring his nation's dark secret into the 21st century.

Created from found footage taken by a group of college students, and occasionally appearing to be a very high end borrowing of the the Blair Witch concept, TrollHunter, from Magnolia Pictures via Magnet Releasing is a beautiful Blu-ray. Much like some of the other great documentaries, it brings a message to the fore.

The film crew, which initially feels they are working on a project about bear hunting, comes upon and tracks, a gentleman named Hans, who turns out to be the TrollHunter of the title.

From there, we follow the group. To give away what occurs would destroy the power of this documentary, but it appears that the students may have "gone missing" at the hands of a silent organization within the Norwegian government.

The surviving footage is both shocking as well as oddly beautiful.

TrollHunter us an occasionally frightening, yet thoughtful film created by director Andre Øvredal, which brings us face to face with the plight of the unique man in Norway who is assigned dealing with their troll problem.

A very nicely crafted film, and a beautiful Blu-ray.

Recommended.

RAH

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This one has me intrigued. For it to be a blind buy, it's going to have to come down in price. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale