Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Robert Harris submitted a new blog post

A few words about...™ The Evil Dead -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray
evil-dead-linda-1024x555.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
How did you rate the audio on the Edison wax cylinders? I have a couple of cylinders but have yet to buy a machine to play them on, alas.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My cylinder player crapped out a couple years ago, so I guess I'll have to stick with the blu-ray. Sounds like there's no compelling reason to buy this yet again.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Does Lionsgate also have the two sequels? If so, it might make sense to have all 3 available on 4K Ultra Blu-ray, if only for pure esthetics regarding the 16mm original entry.

CHEERS! :)

Reactions: PMF

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Does Lionsgate also have the two sequels? If so, it might make sense to have all 3 available on 4K Ultra Blu-ray, if only for pure esthetics regarding the 16mm original entry.

The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and the Ash vs Evil Dead TV show are owned by Studio Canal, which licenses to Lionsgate in North America. However, Army of Darkness is with Universal, which last licensed it out to Shout Factory.

The 2013 Ash-less reboot is with Sony.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and the Ash vs Evil Dead TV show are owned by Studio Canal, which licenses to Lionsgate in North America. However, Army of Darkness is with Universal, which last licensed it out to Shout Factory.

The 2013 Ash-less reboot is with Sony.
That does make it somewhat murkier. Is Lionsgate extending their get everything out on 4K to TV series, as well?

CHEERS! :)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Not surprising. It seems the window for 4k as a notable improvement over regular Blu-ray keeps shrinking with each passing archival release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks