What's new

Gregory's Girl (1980) 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Funny this...I could have sworn Robert Harris wrote "A Few Words About....Gregory's Girl" three years ago, when the US blu-ray came out. But I can't find a word about it on this site!

Anyway, I purchased the blu-ray then and now I've seen the new 4K BFI restoration on their 4K UHD. It's fantastic - the picture quality is gorgeous. For those unaware, Gregory's Girl is an utterly charming and unique Scottish film about awkward adolescent boys at school, set in the very tail-end of the 1970's. Rushmore and Napoleon Dynamite were clearly inspired by this. Bill Forsyth's sophomore screen effort was a surprising hit, also in the USA. The performances are completely natural and quite unlike anything you'd see in an American film production.

The disc has a lot of extras (including the alternative US dialogue version!) and is available on a 4K UHD version or blu-ray version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks