What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Beverly Hills Cop - 3 Movie Collection - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There have been so many home video variants of the Beverly Hills Cop series, that I'd not even guess as to the numbers.

Singles, collections with other films, with all three of the BHC titles on DVD, and via an earlier Blu-ray master.

But now all three films are available in quite beautiful Blu-rays.

I've never been a fan of the original, possibly because of some horrific acting and set-ups - the two cops doing their worst Laurel & Hardy routine, whilst trying to scale a wall-, along with the Murphy persona. The film looks and sounds terrific though, which is all that should be important to fans.

The second and third films in the series are even less interest to me than the first, although it's instructive to see how BHC 2 is Scott-ized. The shots, the filers, the cutting...

For those who love the series, this is the set to add to the library, until a totally unnecessary 4k set possibly appears.

I'd love to be able to see that would have been the Stallone version!

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The first two movies in this franchise were - at least for me in the 80's - proof positive that Eddie Murphy was a comedy genius. I'll agree, neither has dated particularly well in the interim. But each still leaves a warm fuzzy afterglow for 80's nostalgia with me. Johnny Wishbone? Anyone?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think the original mainly holds up well, and Murphy's charisma still works. I also think the supporting actors are solid.

"II" is entertaining at times but feels like Movie Product - and it doesn't make sense at times. Bogomil's daughter? Fishing trips?

Also, Murphy's ego meant Axel was now more arrogant and no longer the loveable slob.

"III" is just an abomination!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks