What's new

A few questions regarding denon and speakers (1 Viewer)

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
1) I have a denon 1802 reciever. I read that the crossover is fixed at 80hz. Does that mean it's pointless to by speakers that go lower than 80hz since anything below that is sent to the sub?
2) I just got some DefTech Pro 200's. Their freq. response is 38hz-20khz. I set my reciver to Large for those speakers. Is that the correct settng?
3) Do all subs disable their internal crossover when using the LFE connector? Is this good or bad?
4) anyone know where I can learn from the beginning?
Joe

Javier_V

Auditioning
1) signals below 80 Hz of any speaker set to "Small" will go to the sub. Be careful to set sub crossover frequency higher than 80, otherwise if you set at 50 for instance, there is a gap between 50 and 80 Hz where those signals in this range go nowhere.
2)Here in the forum there is a big debate about this; some say set all speakers to "Small" and let the subw do the bass job.

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
"Be careful to set sub crossover frequency higher than 80"
I was told that when using the LFE connector that the sub disables the crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks