What's new

_Widescreen Review_--one of us. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Surely many of us have seen Gary Reber's write-up on the magazine's state-of-the-art "holosonic" home theater in the current issue--and surely we noticed all those quotes from various HTF members who were fortunate enough to see (and experience) the facility firsthand.
We're not operating in a vacuum here, folks. And it's gratifying to see that one of the two or three best magazines in the field openly recognizes the Home Theater Forum in print.
They's one of us, guys'n'gals. What a terrific magazine.
So, Widescreen Review, keep up the great work. (And thanks for having the fortitude to realize that, in the absence of qualified film critics on staff, that your DVD reviews must, in fact, be reviews of the discs themselves. As a result, your DVD reviews are the most helpful out there.)
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, not surprisingly, I will once again agree with Jack. I visit the online version of Widescreen Review quite frequently and find it infinitely useful.
There is also a certain fellow there, who I shall not name, but who is a member of HTF, who has been extremely helpful to me on many occasions and has taken time out of his already busy schedule to check this and that for me. He knows who he is. Thanks, dude.
This is certainly a welcome change from some other home theater/DVD sites who don't even bother to respond to email or shoot out rude and snarky responses.
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I've been really enjoying the latest issue. I especially liked the article entitled "Dark Times Ahead For Widescreen Enthusiasts?" I agreed with it 100%!
Gregory
popcorn.gif

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Keeps reminding himself that he simply must get a subscription. Seems like lately, I keep forgetting to drop by the book store on time. Widescreen Review is one of my staple magazines and I don't miss a single issue.
And, this month's issue is not the first time I've seen HTF mentioned in its hallowed pages. Usually, its just a blurp here or there so it is nice to have a more prominent footprint in their pages.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Widescreen Review is a magazine that has seemed to improve with each issue over the past year. It is good to see WSR on HTF. Really good in-depth reports. WSR has gone from a put-aside a couple of years ago to a highly anticipated must-read.

Michael Coate

Stunt Coordinator
There is also a certain fellow there, who I shall not name, but who is a member of HTF, who has been extremely helpful to me on many occasions and has taken time out of his already busy schedule to check this and that for me. He knows who he is. Thanks, dude.
You're welcome.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
See what I mean? We are not operating in a vacuum.
Again, about Mr. Reber's massive article: Note that it is also philosophical in nature. Interesting that the most intelligent commentary on home audio is coming from a home theater-oriented magazine.
(I will miss Richard Hardesty's presence, though. But the rest of the crew is more than up to the task.)
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks