What's new

8 MIle & Red Dragon cover artwork (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Here are the links for the Red Dragon info:
Davis DVD
IGN DVD
Why wouldn't they just release a 2-disc widescreen and a single disc full screen instead of three versions total?

Colin-H

Second Unit
I don’t think the quote on Red Dragon is a press quote. I think it’s designed to connect Red Dragon to Silence of the Lambs, otherwise there’s no indication that it’s part of the Hannibal Lecter trilogy.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Press quotes really bother me on DVD covers, as if some mindless quote is going to make me want to buy it more.
Get rid of the quotes and keep the original taglines!
The tagline on the Red Dragon DVD cover is only a slight modification of the tagline on the original theatrical poster. There is no press quote on the cover.
The original tagline: "The first and most terrifying chapter in the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy"
The DVD tagline: "Before Silence of the Lambs, the first and most terrifying chapter in the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy"
It sounds to me like Universal has already complied with your requests.
DJ

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Damin, the Red Dragon cover art in the first post is new (probably posted today after the announcement of a director's edition and collector's edition). The previous cover art did NOT include any tagline at all.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
IGN has posted the collector's edition art for Red Dragon and it's more or less the same as the regular.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Here are the specs for the Director's Edition (from IGN DVD):
Disc 1
-The criminal profile of Hannibal Lecter - renowned profiler John Douglas' theories
on how Hannibal Lecter and real serial killer are profiled
-The life history of Hannibal Lecter from childhood to present day
-Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter
-Commentary by director Brett Ratner and writer Ted Tally
-Deleted scenes, DVD-ROM features and much more!
Disc 2
-Director Brett Ratner's video diary - A rare look at the film production
-Brett Ratner's untitled student film - His first film from NYU Film School
-Screen and film tests
-The dragon tattoo
-Storyboard to final feature comparisons

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Damin, the Red Dragon cover art in the first post is new (probably posted today after the announcement of a director's edition and collector's edition). The previous cover art did NOT include any tagline at all.
And now the image in the first post has a quote from Time Magazine...hmmm...

DJ

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
As you can clearly see, the DVD does use the theatrical release poster, making most of the comments in this thread inaccurate.
Thanks for the correction Neil. What's weird is my theater never used the Theatrical Poster....they always used the Teaser. I guess that is why I thought the Teaser was the Theatrical. This is actually the 1st time I have seen the Theatrical poster.
-Dean-
(who still prefers the teaser poster ;) )

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting this thread to let out a huge WOOHOO:

My prayers have been answered - a Red Dragon Danny Elfman commentary. Hopefully, this is like his other commentaries which are actually isolated scores with him talking between cues.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks