What's new

70" TV Considerations (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
I'm debating about the InFocus N76 projector and a 1080p capable DLP television.

I like the idea of a projector because I can have a large viewing canvas, but the thought of a DLP set intrigues me because I can get a true 1080p set.

Are there any 70" DLP sets that are great quality sets that any of you forum members would recommend?

Any opinions on the newer Toshiba large sets?

I will be mostly watching TV and DVDs with Xbox 360 and PS3 playing.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
My first choices for 70" Rear Projection would be the JVC HD-70FH97 or HD-70FN97. These 1080p LCoS sets offer far superior picture quality to any DLP on the market, in my opinion. Sony SXRD and JVC D-ILA are the only major manufacturers currently producing LCoS sets.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcos.htm

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
LCoS sets do not suffer burn-in. Some LCoS sets exhibit “image retention”, but it goes away in an hour or so. :)

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
About three weeks ago, I bought the Toshiba 72MX195 72" DLP set. So far, this set is performing well. I have Comcast cable so currently, I can only watch the HD channels in 720p. They look incredible. I was originally looking for a plasma but when I saw this set, I was impressed. I was worried about off angle viewing, but didn't see it as a problem after viewing this set. It also looks fine during the day when there is more light. I have it in the basement, but we have two windows near it and they throw a lot of light. It hasn't been a problem though.

Another benefit was that HH Gregg had these sets on sale for $3999 which is about $800 off. The salesman told me they are clearing these models out. I'm not sure what the replacement models will be, but this one was impressive.

bill_glass

Auditioning
I also have been interested in a LARGE screen I can not do a fount projector become of windows and doors.
I have been looking at the Mitsubishi WD-73727. It is a 73” and from what I have seen looks good does anyone know anything about them?
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks