What's new

65807 Mits and PS2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I picked up a PS2 yesterday with MGS and NFL2K. I was gonna go for the XBOX, but I'm still kinda weary after Dreamcast. Plus the PS2 has alot of great games right now. I'd like to run it in my Theater on my 65807, if for nothing else for the 5.1 audio. I've had the HDTV and Progressive DVD input Calibrated. The Composite cable was pretty horrific. I switched over to a SVIDeo (thank god the PS2 and PSX have interchangable accessories)

It was a slight improvement. I understand the component may be even better. But my problem is with the brightness of the set. It's pretty Dark. Games like football is OK , but games like Metal Geat Solid can be a challange. Is that how every one finds it? I'm afraid that turning it up enough to make a difference might also Cause Burn in. Maybe I have to deal with it'll never be as good as a direct view, but I think it should be alot better than it is. Mits owners are you finding the same? Any info appreciated.

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at either the 55807 or the 65807. How do you like the set other than the problem you've mentioned?

Have you tried the in-game brightness? I don't know if that would affect the TV any less though. I was at a co-workers house (he has the 65807) playing Tony Hawk 3 and it looked great. It's a pretty bright game though.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I picked up Red Faction today and with the Ingame brightness I get a decent picture with the Brightnes about 2 notches above 50% and Contrast a notch or two below. I'm lovin the PS2 on the setup, just concerned withBurn in. Much lower and I strain the ole eyes a bit much. I have to find a source of Component cables. I saw a pair bundled with an optical Audio cable but they wanted $60. Not sure if it's $60 more of a difference over S Video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks