What's new

$500 to spend on a TV at best buy what to get ? (1 Viewer)

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Well ive got $500 in gift cards to best buy. i wana get a 27" TV. think its worth getting a flatscreen over a regular one? i plan on mounting it on the wall. in my bedroom.

i was there today ( half hour drive) and looked at the panasonic and the samsung i think it was. Samsung was like $450 and the panasonic was like $500 i think. are the sonys worth the extra Money ?

just getting a 27" dont want a really big one because my romo is sorta smaller and its cramed with stuff (main reason for mounting it on the wall)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
by the way i watch DVDS on the widescreen type. so i want one thatll handle that good.

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure you can find a mounting bracket to support the kind of weight you are talking about. I doubt Best Buy sells one that can do it.
The Sony may be the only one that can do a 16:9 enhanced mode so that may be worth the $50 to you. Jason

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah i liked the picture of the sony wega the best they are $550. guess ill have to save up a few bucks to get that + the $27 tax or whatever it would be hehe.
theres Tax on TVs rite?
btw this is the TV mount i got
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=240-776
i probably will make it safter put a nylon strap around it or something. i bought that one cause it was the cheapest i seen + the only one that would hold over 80 lbs lol. them stupid ones that best buy sells only holds 80 pounds and are like $100

Jael

Agent
Take a close look at the Samsung TXL2791F (I think thats right, it's the one with 800 lines of res vs the model with only 600). You can find it for around $450. It's a flatscreen. It does the 16X9 "squeeze" for your anamorphic DVD's with a single button on the remote like the sony. If you have a Sams Club near you the AKAI knockoff is available for a very cheap $350 with the same features.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks