Supporting Actor
At the local BB today, I saw they had the following prices on blanks:

Memorex 50-pack 4x
DVD-R $40
DVD+R $40

Verbatim 50-pack 4x
DVD-R $40
DVD+R $60

At 80 cents per disc ... that's cheaper than I've found online in bulk (like at meritline.com).

All of these are after some sort of instant rebate. The bottom line is ... it's instant and there's no limit. I bought 6 packs and got one of those Reward Zone cards with them. They told me after spending $200, the card pays for itself ... so why not? ($10 cost for card; $10 reward after $200 purchase)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$40 for 50 seems to be the standard sale price for big box nowadays. I think I saw at least three different places offering that this week.

Are you serious? I see stuff for significantly less all the time. Depending on the brand, you can get under half that price, including at meritline. You can get good brands like Ritek around $0.66 each, with no tax and free shipping all the time. Prodisk for around $0.55 shipped.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just a guess, but I suspect it involves something that we can't discuss here. ;)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, like making DVDs of home movies with unlicensed music on the soundtrack.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
possibly, but if i had the money, i'd buy 6 packs. the (legal) dvd torrent section of www.sharingthegroove.org can make those discs disappear fairly quickly. gotta love bands that allow videotaping at their shows.

CJ

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
And by the way, $200 does not equal $10 in RZ certificates. You get a $5 certificate for every $125 you spend. You really need to spend $250 in an order for the card to pay for itself. Of course, you get 2,500 points just for enrolling, so you really only need to spend $225. But still -- just to inform you. Reward levels are every $125, not every $100.

--Mark--

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks