5 more days for SONY ws and questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Binh Vu, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Binh Vu

Binh Vu Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a SONY KP-51HW40 yesterday at goodguys and I also got a monster video 3 component ($89.99) and a monster optical toslink ref ($99.99) total $2069 plus tax.

They didn't have it in stock and they'll deli this Saturday. This's my 1st BIG tv ever, and I've read some threads about TV in this forum. I'm wondering what's AVIA??? AVIA calibrate??? where can I get it from????

I'm so new to this, I don't know what to do 1st when I get it. Do I need to do AVIA stuffs or something else first before I enjoy it????

Thanks for your answers

2. Binh Vu

and what's an amp for TV????

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Binh, to follow-up on what Doug said: The Sonys have several picture modes - Vivid, Movie, Pro (there is one other I can't remember now). You should ALWAYS use Pro mode. This mode has the SVM (artificial "sharpening" circuitry) turned off. It also has the Brightness, Contrast, etc. set at 50%, which is a good starting point, although you'll probably want to turn them down even more. After using AVIA I have Brightness & Contrast at about 30%.

5. Binh Vu

Thanks guys, those infos are very helpful to me. I'm printing this page and save it for this saturday [​IMG]
    I'll have to get that avia thing today or tomorrow. But how much it cost? and where to get (bestbuy, circuitcity, goodguys....?