What's new

5.0 B&W Speakers for $3K (1 Viewer)

tls36

Agent
Real Name
Tom
Have a super Velodyne Servo F1500 but looking for L, C, R left rear and right rear speakers as my old Polks are dated. What models would be good in B&W for $3K for everything?? Any input appreciated. I am using a projector so shielding is not an issue.:cool: :D

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
For 3k you can get the 683's and the matching center and surrounds. The 700 series may come close to 3k as well. I personally preferred the 683's.

BTW - I ended up going with Axiom. I liked the B&W as well, but the cost difference allowed me to upgrade other components...

tls36

Agent
Real Name
Tom
I will have to check that out. Are your surrounds bi-polar? Geez, that reminds me of an old girlfriend, LOL...................

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Not exactly... They are "different". Check them out on Axiom's website - loudspeakers,home theater speakers,stereo speakers - AxiomAudio. I have the QS8's.

The one factor that almost made me go with the B&W's was the surrounds. I really liked the idea of having a switch to change from bi-pole to direct. I decided to demo the Axiom's and ultimately decided to keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks