What's new

4K Duck You Sucker Kino Lorber (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Earlier this morning, I saw that you were able to order 4K Duck You Sucker from KL, ready to be released today! Shocking as I knew nothing of a release date. Later on, I went back to bluray.com and CANCELLED in caps across pre order. Anyone the wiser? Attempted to place and kept getting bounced out.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I thought it was odd that the KL Insider on br.com just casually mentioned the cancellation in passing while replying to someone during a Q&A on that site. Naturally, the revelation caught people off guard since the release was still forthcoming in people's minds. I'm an advocate for coming clean as soon as something people are expecting falls through for whatever reason. The reasons don't actually matter but keeping people in the know does.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That's a shame, as Duck You Sucker is the only spaghetti western I still like (& my favourite Morricone western score, it's amazing). It's the David Lean of Italian westerns, it's starts off small (Rod Steiger peeing on some ants, well you need something to aim at) & gets almost epic at the end, plus James Coburn is a huge favourite for mine (even with that comically fake Orish accent). Oh well, maybe it'll happen one day.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
That's a shame, as Duck You Sucker is the only spaghetti western I still like (& my favourite Morricone western score, it's amazing). It's the David Lean of Italian westerns, it's starts off small (Rod Steiger peeing on some ants, well you need something to aim at) & gets almost epic at the end, plus James Coburn is a huge favourite for mine (even with that comically fake Orish accent). Oh well, maybe it'll happen one day.
I saw this film in its "cut" format upon release at Willowbrook Cinema in Wayne, NJ. A week later they changed the title to A Fistful Of Dynamite. Saw it several times and loved it. Bought the soundtrack for 4.99 next door to the Cinema at a Record shop in the mall. Still own my laser disc and the only Leone western that never played at revivals in NYC during the 70's and 80's. many folks I speak with like this film the best of Leone's westerns. A perfect double feature with The Adventurers (1970), also about revolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks