What's new

3D OLED or what to replace 3D plasma (1 Viewer)

MikeDE

Second Unit
My old 60” LG 3D plasma is about to bite the dust, so I need to start looking at replacements. Yes, 3D is still necessary, and a projector isn’t a viable option, so that limits things. The local FaceBook Marketplace has a business with great reviews that sells cheap displays. They have a used 65” OLED 4K LG 65EF9500 for $1,000, which is a big bite, but where else will I find a 3D OLED. Then again, I’m hearing so much about burn in on them, I’m also wondering if a cheaper 3D DLP, which are easier to find, might be the way to go. Any advice?

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Steer clear of the 3D lg oleds because they were made to be driven harder to maintain brightness through the 3 d filter . They are very prone to burn in , the 2016 models

3 chip DLP’s are the bees knees but they can be very expensive unless 2nd hand

the king of 3D is a Christie 3 chip DLP if u win the lotto

MikeDE

Second Unit
Thanks, WillyTass. As great as the oleds look, I’m too leery of the burn in to get an older model. Hopefully I can find something else.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
If you can find a used Sharp DLP model # XV-Z30000 projector with low lamp hours and in decent condition, I can guarantee that you will love it! It has an extremely bright, crosstalk free 3D image.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t know where you are but I have a 7 year old 80” Vizio 3D tv that late this year will need a new home. I’m in Florida.
:D

MikeDE

Second Unit
I finally decided to pick up a used Sony XBR 65”. It was in my price range, has good reviews, and even though it’s not 4K, has keeps me going in 3D. Thanks everyone.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
May you get many years of enjoyment from it! Let us know what you think of it once you’re up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks