What's new

3802 DD & DTS problem (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
I don't understand why my denon 3802 stopped decoding DTS signals from my computer and dvd player. It used to be that whenever i pop in Gladiator, either the DD or DTS light was red. Now neither lights go red and whenever i switch to DTS there would be no sound. Dobly Digital still plays fine though but without the light. I reset the microprocessor to see if the lights burned out or maybe i messed up some settings. Both lights were fine but they still wouldn't light up when i play DVD's nor do i get any sound when i switch to DTS. I then thought that maybe the culprit was the flimsy optical cable that i have. So i grabbed a digital coax cable but i still get the same problems.
What's going on???:frowning: HELP!!!

Salvador

Second Unit
Of course i set it up in the audio menu of the DVD's that i played. It was working fine before but now it doesn't.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Maybe somehow your DVD player's settings got changed.

ensure the digital out is setup for DTS? Double check all your configuration of the DVD and receiver?

Strange that you don't even get a DD or DTS light.

-edit- remove any analog audio connections from the dvd player and focus strictly on digital. I'm trying to figure out how you get any sound at all. do you even get a DIGITAL light on the receiver?

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Most units, you have to enter the DVD player menu with the tray empty. Thats the way mine is. And sometimes it will revert back to factory preset values for no apparent reason. Check it twice, with out a DVD disk.

Salvador

Second Unit
I've already reinstalled PowerDVD and made sure that the spdif option was checked. It's really odd since i never changed any settings prior to the manifestation of the problems. I don't use any analog connections when playing dvd movies. It's either my coax or digital connection that is used.

Check it twice, with out a DVD disk.
Checked it more than once on both my PC and playstation. I even reset the denon 3802's memeory settings.

Salvador

Second Unit
This sucks. The reason why i turned to a receiver/home theater speaker combo is because my Klipsch promedia 4.1 crapped out on me no less than 4 times. Please oh please let it not be the same with denon!!!

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Does your Denon have options for audio for EACH input? I'd check the 3802's audio menu. Make sure the DVD input defaults to the proper type (coax etc...auto decode).

John Royster

Screenwriter
I'm not looking at my 3802 right now but...

You assign digital inputs in the setup

Auto mode is very good at selecting the source encoding (pcm, dd, dts) so use this. there is a button on the bottom left that allows you to select the input mode (auto, dts, pcm)

there is also a "digital" light on the receiver letting you know it is seeing the signal.

Salvador

Second Unit
its at auto. I tried switching around to pcm and dts but still when i choose DTS on a dvd but still no sound nor light.

there is also a "digital" light on the receiver letting you know it is seeing the signal.
The light is dead when playing dvd's with DOlby Digital chosen for audio. There is sound though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks