Help! No DD/DTS :(

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Barlow, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Robert_Barlow

Ok, here is the situation.

I have a Denon 3802,5 paradigm studio 20's, and a old JBL sub. Everyhting was working great for like 3 months.....then all of a sudden, I can't play DVD's in DD/DTS, only Dolby Pro Logic 2. So, I start to do some troubleshooting and discover one of the rear speakers has become partially disconnected. So, I reconnected it but still no luck.

Odd thing is, when I use the test tone it sends a signal to each back speaer seperately, but when I play any source(even thx optimizer) it appears to be combining all of the rear signal informatio and then playing out of both rears simultaneously. Also, and likely b/c of, whenever I play a digital source(DVD) the digital signal detected light does NOT come on on the 3802.

I am desperate here guys/gals! I have read the instruction manual 100 hundred times, and checked my connections at least as many. I even tried reassigning the optical input jack.

Please let me know if you guys have seen this before! I hope it is a really simple problem [​IMG]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Have you tried a different optical cable? It sounds like your receiver isn't receiving a digital signal from the DVD player. Perhaps the cable is damaged.

M.

3. Barry BB

Barry BB Stunt Coordinator

Have you recently been in the set up menu of your receiver or DVD player. Verify that the coax/optical assignment in your receiver set up and the bit stream setting in your DVD player set up is correct.

4. Robert_Barlow

Thanks a ton for your help guys!!!! Somehow, I had accidently switched output on the dvd to pcm. So, you get the golden ticket and a huge thnaks Barry!!!!!

You guys rock!