denon 3802 dd-ex problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DevinT, Aug 30, 2002.

1. DevinT

DevinT Extra

I purchased my 3802 two weeks for 720 at ultimate electronics and really enjoy it. My only problem with it is dd-ex. I have heard it has the capability to put out dd-ex but without the name being used. I have set my receiver accordingly and am able to receive the surround back signal on all the dts-es titles. the only disc with the dd-ex that lights up my surround back led is Atlantis. When i put in LOTR or Episode I there is no signal for the surround back. Is the reason for this something to do with the dd-ex flags? Shouldn't every disc with dd-ex light up my surround back signal?

2. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Yes it does have something to do with the flags. I usually keep the auto flag detect feature off. Which means Im allways in 6.1[​IMG]

3. DevinT

DevinT Extra

If the surround back LED does not light then is the receiver even decoding the DD-EX dignal, or is there any way to distinguish if the 3802 is receiving a dd-ex sinal?

4. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Not all ES DVD's have the flag! I have noticed the same thing. Someone did a post on which DVD's have a flag.