What's new

3 Plasma options... (1 Viewer)

Bren

Auditioning
Real Name
Brendan
Okay, after spending the better half of my day reading this message board, cnet, and looking up prices, I've narrowed my choices down to three plasmas. I've come to the realization that 42" I'm going to get used to way to quickly, and wish I ponied up the cash for something slightly bigger. So here it is:

Samsung 50" HP-S5053

Panasonic 50" TH50P-X600U

Hitachi 55" 55HDT52

Now, all three are pretty nice.. The Panasonic is actually the most expensive, but is also the newest. My question is, Panasonic advertises that it gets "over the air" HD signals.. Do the Samsung and Hitachi not get those? The reason I ask is because I won't have cable at first as I don't watch that much TV.. mainly movies.. But, I'd like my local sports programs to be in HD. Personally, I like the look of the Hitachi and Samsung more than the Panasonic, but it seems like the Panasonic has more HDMI inputs, and other features. Anyway, if you guys could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it!

TIA!

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator
BREN
All the TVs that you mention do over the air HD broadcasting. Of the models you mention I lean towards the Samsung. I like the picture quality, price , and contrast :)
Hitachi are good too as they make their own glass. Glass is a major consideration when selecting plasmas.

Tico
[email protected]
www.tvauthority.com

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
I would lean towards the Panasonic and Hitachi plasma's. The only plasma manufacturers I would consider are Fujitsu, Hitachi, Panasonic, or Pioneer Elite. Fujitsu and Hitachi share a plasma manufacturing plant in Japan. Fujitsu plasma's are simply breathtaking.

Samsung and LGE plasma's just don't cut it yet, I don't feel their quality control for plasma's are quite there yet. Samsung is among the best LCD manufacturers, but certainly not in the top 4 plasma manufacturers.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Picture quality on the Panasonic is as good as you are going to get at that price. Whether the impact of a 55 inch screen would outweigh a slightly better (just a hunch) picture on the Panasonic is a judgement call only you can make. You really should go look at these 2 if at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks