What's new

24 - series 3 - opinions please (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I may be late but here's my pocket change to add.
S3 is easily the weakest thus far, that being said, it is still one of the better scripted dramas on TV. It started out good, then got dull and meandery for a long time, the past few eps have really been picking up steam towards the finale, as it seems like the writers finally got a clue as to where they were heading.
I believe that S1 and 2 were both plotted out from start to finish preseason, whereas S3 they started not knowing where they were going to go. That to me was a big mistake. Anyway it is still an excellent series.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

The writers and producers have openly admitted that they only mapped out the plot through the first 6 episodes for Season 3(and it showed). Season 1 was planned out through the first 13 episodes, and Season 2 I believe was through the first 9 or 10.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
gotta disagree with anyone saying season 3 is the weakest "by far". I think it's rivaling season 1 for best season of the three.....

season 2 started off with a bang but just got SO ridiculous with the Kim material and really took a dramatic nosedive after the pivitol "event" midseason with George Mason and the plane.

Season 1 was such an intensely riveting and suspenseful experience for me when I watched it for the first time on dvd that i doubt it can ever be bested, but i've REALLY enjoyed season 3. sure, it has it's share of ridiculous scenarios but dramatically its been solid and the pacing has been top notch.

there might be more timeline inconsistencies this year(tony bouncing back way too fast from injury, jack seemingly kicking the habit in a day...) but still, i think it TROUNCES season 2.

for what it's worth, i know a couple people who think season 2 was better than the first, so i don't think there is a clear consensus amongst fans (at least not that i can tell)...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I'm not bothering with it. I know some people are really into this season, but I don't see why. The show has become horribly cliched and crossed the ridiculous barrier since almost the fourth episode. Yes it slumps 'horribly' in the middle, and I guess you could say it picks up at the end, but it doesn't seem like one coherent storyline. You could, in fact, break this season into three pieces. They've ruined the real time aspect, they ruined all the characters, plot holes bigger then the first two season combined - ugh, it makes me so mad when I watch it.

I would RENT it, because honestly I don't see me ever rewatching this season - and I doubt many of the posters who like season 3 would watch anything before that third act. They should have stopped with season one.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't go that far, but Sarah Wynter was a really strong part of season two. Almost worth getting just for her character.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 was stronger than Season One for suspense until the "event" halfway through the season, then it kinda took a nosedive and barely recovered near the finale. Season 2 wrapped up WAY too quick though, as it only took them like one hour to wrap up like ten stories.

Season One was solid the whole way through. There were a few episode lulls in the middle there, but when the episode where you realize just who is behind the attack comes, it takes off and doesnt let up.

Season three to me does the exact opposite of the first two seasons. It started good, then went to hell fast, then comes back STRONG at the end, and now it seems like they are really pushing the whole "anything can happen" angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks