What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So what? Did you retroactively enjoy it less after reading that the mistakes annoyed people? If not, then it's not big deal.

But the things that don't bother you might stick out like a sore thumb to other viewers, and since a show like 24 can only benefit from more people enjoying it, it's a valid criticism. Getting details right probably involves spending less money on research than what they spend on Keifer Sutherland's hair on a given day, I don't see why complaining about that is unfair.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Episode 18
none

The crazy, dangerous rogue Jack Bauer is back. And he's also got a messenger bag again too!

The 25th Ammendment gets pulled out a fourth time in the 24 universe. For those keeping score, there's been two legit claims and two bogus. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping Doyle was going to get handcuffed to the fence as well.

Overall, a breather/transitional episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Except it came at a point where we didn't need a breather, they had their (to many) first great episode of the season, and you'd think that'd want that to carry over.

For the comment above, stuff from the previews should be in spoilers (yes, I know that we already know that about Jack, but its just better safe, I'm one of the people who doesn't watch previews myself.)

I personally was pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy this episode as soon as they said "The military is handling the nukes?" because from past experience with the show, something dumb is always about to happen as soon as CTU passes control elsewhere. I'm glad the VP is forcing CTU to not let Jack do what he wants though, it adds to the tension.

I also was hoping that what the Chinese wanted Jack to do would have absolutely nothing to do with the nukes.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
At least they didn't ask for the nukes themselves. That would be even less plausible.

I wonder if Hamri Al-Assad will ever get his name cleared, or even credit for saving POTUS. That partly depends on whether Wayne survives (I'm guessing the writers haven't tossed the coin yet, but he's out for the rest of the season).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that Assad won't even be mentioned again- let alone clearing him.

D.B. Woodside still might appear in a hospital bed since Tom or Karen was going to the hospital. Or maybe Peter MacNicol or Jayne Atkinson just have next week off. :)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I suspect that Tom may have an "accident" en route. The VP was way too easy on him since he knows that his ability to remain in power rests on Tom's tape never getting out.

Although it might not be the VP himself but maybe his shifty blonde aid who decides to take action.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Kinda interesting looking back at the bonus disc from S4. The actor that played Fayed this season was in a number of scenes that wound up on the cutting room floor...eventually eliminating his character from the story entirely. He was the owner of the store that Bauer and Raines were barricaded in. Luckily for him that they were able to bring him back for a much jucier role.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I am slightly surprised that the pay-off, some circuit board in a notionally obsolete snuke, would allow the Chinese to complete override Russian security protocols, and that the Chinese needed such an elaborate plan to acquire one -- kidnap and fake Jack's girlfriend's death, in case they themselves ever release Jack from their own custody, and Russian snukes become available to Jack. Waaaayyy too farfetched.

After all, if Fayed could simply buy/acquire them from Gredenko (with help from bad Papa Bauer), what was to stop the Chinese from using intermediaries to do exactly the same?

And if the argument is that the Chinese were simply being opportunistic, their intel is a lot better than the US's -- it means Cheng knew snukes with the relevant board were in play, and that Jack had successfully recovered them just before he called.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

But Fayed didn't simply get them out of the blue. Gredenko had specific plans in mind for the nuke, using them through a useful Islamic idiot (Fayed) to simultaneously humble the US and restore the Russian empire. Gredenko had ideology; he wasn't just in it for the cash. I believe that he would have seen the Chinese as a competitor or obstacle for his vision of Russia's return to superpower status.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Episode 19
102. Security Guard/Doyle
103. Security Guard/CTU Strike Team Member
104. Security Guard/CTU Strike Team Member
105. Security Guard/Jack
CTU helicopter crew/Security Guard
106. Security Guard/Jack

I hope they don't get rid of Buchanan. I've seen people say earlier in this thread that they don't like any of the S6 characters and to a certain point, I agree (although I dig Lennox and I'm warming slightly to Nadia) but the last thing they need to do is write out an established character.

All that being said, this was another OK episode with a cool action scene. And it was nice to finally see Chloe back to being awkward weird Chloe. :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I doubt that they'll entirely get rid of him, though it is possible.

Has anyone kept track of how many different times Buchanon has been removed from his position by now? I remember once last year, when Chloe went to his place to do her work, have there been any others?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Another pretty weak episode IMHO. The last 10 min. were good, but everything up to that wasn't very interesting. I don't know how all of this is going to end, but I'll actually be kinda glad when it's over so they can start with a clean slate for next season. No matter what they come up with in the final 4 episodes, however, this will easily go down as the worst season of 24 yet and that really bums me out because the show hasn't ever had a bad year until now. :frowning:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This show has gotten really bad.
Lets have another conspiracy in the White House.
Lets bring Audrey back and have her crazy.
Let's have Ricky Shoeder try to act.

Horrible episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It was that damn Karen Hayes who got rid of him that time too. :) And I guess technically, McGill (the Sean Astin character) removed him from his position but that wasn't even for an entire episode until McGill flipped out and Buchanan was back.

You're probably right that they'll keep him around for the rest of the year but at this point it seems pretty tough to bring him back as the head of the CTU next season. Not that they couldn't come up with the "With the service you've given today, we're going to reinstate you to your position" excuse and have him back.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
There was some good news from last night's episode: the announcer during the preview for next week's broadcast said there were only four more episodes left. :)

As a big fan of the show, I have to join in the chorus of the disappointed this season. The first four episodes were great, and then the quality dropped like a rock off a highway overpass. What the hell happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks