What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Good return to form tonight. Good tension at the end. It appeared that the nukes were secure, but there was that fear that something bad would have to happen. Like it has been said, not real surprise that Audrey is still alive, but it should take the rest of the season in an interesting direction. And it's always interesting to have the Chinese involved.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

One thing I did notice, is that nobody opened up the second case to see if the nuke was still in there. I figured that was the direction they'd go in the last minute and a half, so the call from Audrey was a welcome surprise. Yeah, that's right, I admitted it, for the first time this season, something big has surprised me :D

NolanJ

Second Unit
THAT... was a great episode.

Jack is my hero, and tonights episode proved that MORE Jack = better 24.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Even hours after this episode ended, I'm still sitting here thinking about how much ass it kicked tonight. This really was "classic" 24 in every way and I'm glad to see they ran with the momentum that got started in the second half of last week's episode. I wish it was next week already.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
My wife and I were ready to call it quits with the show. We were planning on finishing this season and then skipping next season. MY DEAR LORD! What a great episode. Everyone is apparently very pleased from the responses I've read thus far. This is up there with just about any episode from season 1 (with exception to the season 1 finale - still the best episode).

I rarely reward mediocrity, but it was almost worth going through the first - what like 16 episodes of crap? just to get to this episode.

Thank you writers for giving your fans a reason to stay with you. Now if you guys could just give us an entire season like that! Too greedy?

Cheers,

Jason

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Jack is back, baby!! This show had been on life support for months and in the span of 60 minutes it reaffirmed that it still has a strong heartbeat. The last ten minutes were a real rush..."Say hello to your brother" Awesome!

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Glad to see Audrey back in distress...Jack's always best when it's personal. And the fact that she's being held by that S.O.B Cheng will make him even more vengeful.

On another note, anyone seen that Jack and Chloe are going to be on the season finale of The Simpsons on May 20? The episode title..."24 Minutes" :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I kept waiting for something to go wrong. No way would they finish up this storyline with hours to go... Shows what I know. They really surprised me. Damn, Jack! Great episode!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Interesting how they leveraged our assumption that CTU was once again incompetent in letting Fayed get intercepted and escape. (Fayed didn't know just how authentically the junior high squabbling between Jack and Doyle represents CTU.) Well played, writers.

As hinted by last week's previews, Wayne's gambit made perfect sense (although 24-lucky), plus he went the extra yard by sending an unarmed missile.

So "sending Samir" is the modern equivalent of "Condition Green, all is well"

Awesome ending. It's like the writers knew the opening arc had played out (an episode or two too late) and they quickly wrapped it up, giving Jack his due, to launch the sprint to the end. Like Jack, they couldn't risk the plot going any further, so they made their play. I guess this happens every season, but the low points this time have been the lowest.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Awesome episode! Usually, I PVR the show and delete it afterwards. This time I've kept the episode so I can save off several pieces. The ending, of course, but also a part no one's menioned yet -

"Now we're gonna have some fun." Loved Jack and Fayed's expressions in that scene.

I'm also going to go back to season 4 to see what in the hell Jack did to the Chinese to prompt such hatred from them. (Started and stopped with S1, but watched last season in its entirety) I know from this forum and the show that he infiltrated the Chinese embassy and killed a diplomat, but is there more to it? The guy's brother, son, etc?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Invading sovereign territory and getting the consul killed is pretty much it, and it is kind of a big deal. That and I think the producers may just like Tzi Ma.

Although, honestly, where were the Chinese holding Audrey? In the Chinese consulate? Did they fly her over in the last sixteen hours when they found out Jack didn't get killed right away as had been the plan?

Also, I sort of idly wonder whether the decision to finish the season up like this (maybe rushing the resolution to the nukes plot) was made when The Nine got canceled and Kim Raver became available. If that had gotten a back-nine pickup, would we still be chasing Sudarov and Fayed, or would the episode have ended on a surprise appearance by Elisha Cuthbert or Rena Softer instead?

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
An article in today's USAToday makes it kind of clear that the producer's felt the nuke plot had run its course and perhaps gone on a little too long.

I think Jack was told earlier in the season (day) that she had been killed in a car crash while in China searching for him. I guess it can be assumed that the Chinese had nabbed her by that point and were holding her somewhere as leverage for when they had to release Jack.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

One small point, Jack killed no one in the Chinese consulate. The diplomat was shot in the crossfire by the Chinese guards. Either way, the Chinese hold Jack responsible.

Assuming Audrey's return was plotted in advance, her appearance in the hands of the Chinese reminds me of hour one where the Chinese point out that the U.S. paid a high price for Jack's return. Was Audrey somehow the price?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'd assume they'd be holding her in China, but Tzi Ma's character flew to L.A. with Jack, so she's likely either been brought over since then or he's flown back across the Pacific (although he gave Jack a [familiar] U.S. phone number).

And didn't they figure Jack was going to be dead? Or did two years of having Jack in a cell and lord knows how many guards killed/eaten convince them that it would take more than a few terrorists to off an unarmed Jack Bauer?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Maybe they have her in the hold of one of those "uninspected-even-during-national-emergencies" Chinese cargo ships like the one they spirited Jack away in during last season's finale. :)

Regards,

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
No one else isn't tired of this "Magic Chinese" story line?

Mr. Chinese Suit has instant phone access to Jack whenever he completes a major mission?

Why does he have such a major hard on for Jack? This is suppose to be a world leader and all he cares about is torturing Jack who other than leading a team into the embassy to recover a known terrorist, has no ill will against China?

Didn't they get what they wanted for Jack? Why bring this back up? They tortured him for over a year, made a deal to let him go, so they go through some offball kidnapping to lure him back and put their country at risk?

Can someone help me understand this storyline???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks