What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Doh! Correction, it was nearly 5a in Moscow. Being an Eastcoaster and suffering from all that East coast bias, I forgot to account for Pacific time.

The thing is, this didn't bother me so much, although they could have created a different impediment to being able to reach the Russian Pres' wife. The slip that bugged me most was Jack pulling the belt off the downed guard by pulling the buckle through all the loops. Couldn't they have done the shot with his head facing the other way so that the belt could be pulled through the right way? Guess that would have had Jack in a 69 though, and we can't have that. :D They could have had him on the right side of the hallway and done it right. The director had to see the problem when they tried to pull the belt off. Guess he didn't want to move the lighting.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
This season has become comic. I laughed out loud when Martha ripped into the Prez. Too funny! And, boy, Jean delivered it with as much over-the-top gusto as she could muster.

I also find it funny that the writers come up with any excuse possible to write in characters from last season. Just shows you how awesome last season was. Is there anyone left? Have they brought everyone in? Let's get a gun in Pierce's hand now.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Agent Pierce, real good Secret Service instinct there...crazy ass ex-First Lady with knives everywhere and all he did was sit there, looking oh-so whipped!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I'm pretty sure he was credited as Ricky -- which is odd, since I thought he dropped that on NYPD Blue. I actually had no problem with him on that show, but here, he just seems really slight. And of course, there's the existing rancor with another CTU co-worker.

But still, better episode than last week.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
And, from the previews for next week, we get -

The Return of a CTU Mole! Wouldn't be 24 without one.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think that preview may be misleading since the prodcuers always joke about the proliferation of moles in the CTU.

Although there's only been two legitimate moles (Nina and Marrianne) throughout the run of the show. Granted, that's not exactly a stellar record if they were real but what the hell. :)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

I'm still waiting for Henderson to show up. I'm convinced he's not dead and that "death scene" with Jack was just a set-up so that lone observer could report him dead.

MatS

Screenwriter
one of the best lines ever.... taken from another forum

also nice to see the institutionalized ex first lady had a nice collection of wine glasses....must have been presidential issued

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Not sure that's really a fair criticism since 24 has always gone out of it's way to bring back characters from previous seasons. S6 is hardly abnormal in that respect. In fact, if they ever kill off Sylar on Heroes then I half expect 24 to bring back actor Zach Quinto from S3 (unless he was killed off and I don't remember it).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In TV Guide recently, they said the producers keep a list of characters that could return. They must have alot of character listed because it even includes Teddy (Kirk Baltz of Reservior Dogs fame) who was a CTU agent that Jack didn't like in one episode in S1.

The only characters to never really return are Kate Warner (and it seems impossible that they would be interested in or could bring her back) Chase (Jack's partner in S3), Adam (the guy on Heroes that Kevin mentioned) and maybe S4's Erin Driscoll and Sarah Gavin. Out of that list, I'd think the only possibility is Chase.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Well Kate Warner *kind of* returned- she was in the first episode of Season 3. And Chase (and Kate IIRC) showed up in 24: The Game so that almost counts too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Episode 14
80. Terrorist/Jack
81. Terrorist/Jack
82. Drone Pilot/Jack
First responders in San Francisco/bomb's core

*I took Logan off the list since his fate (I assume) will be revealed in another episode.

As with almost any time that there's a bigger action sequence on 24, the next episode is usually slower but they managed a fairly suspenseful episode tonight.

Vice President Daniels is a maniac. I just hope that Powers Boothe sticks around for the rest of the season. He and the character really have boosted the White House storyline.

I know everyone will be complaining that there's another mole in the CTU but there's no way in the world that Nadia is bad.

Since he's like a more reckless and meaner Jack, I hope Doyle sticks around for a while. I'm sure his recklessness will lead him making a fatal mistake at some point though.

Kim Raver has had a tough year. First, The Nine gets canned and then she's killed offscreen on 24.

And bad ass line of the year goes to Jack talking about Audrey's killers and how "...I'm gonna take care of them too." :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't be so certain that she really is dead. Could definately see her coming back in some hh:59 reveal.

I thought that when Jack was looking at the "accident" photos of Audrey, he was going to notice something that indicated they were fakes.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't know that I'm completely convinced she's dead. Jack had a strange look on his face when he studied that photo and the camera zoomed in on her arm.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I don't think she's dead either. Why go out of your way to mention her if she's dead? Just don't mention her like they have the entire season until now.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Just started watching 24 this season. I planned on going back and checking out the previous seasons on DVD at the end of this one. But the constant dropping of spoilers from previous seasons in this thread has forced my hand. I've had to push up my schedule! :laugh: Just got through watching the first season set this evening...four days beginning to end. Only four more seasons to go before I can "safely" return here. :P

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So what could be Milo's endgame if he's the leak? Was he taking a chance by getting shot just hours earlier as well?

Jack had about 4 minutes of screen time.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

To free Jack up so he can hook up with his newly widowed sister in law and his illegitimate son. They can profess their love, Jack can quit CTU to raise his family and then at 23:59, they can be killed in some freak .attack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks