What's new

24 Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow! What a finale!

I had a real sense of dread as Jack was trying to find Teri. I suspect that showing the blood on her shirt would have been alot less grusome that showing a hole in her head. I guess you have to make certain allowances for network tv.

As much as both Jack's wife and daughter were portayed as having a lack of smarts, I was still sorry to see Teri go. But I guess it is more of a realistic outcome given Nina's traitor status.

Poor Jack...but good show.

-Ric

R

RossTerry

the look on Nena when she looked up to the camera after she slit jaime's wrists was scary

and i forgot Teri was pregnant (duh) and just made the connection with the shot in the stomach

EricW

Senior HTF Member
just an aside question here, but could there really have been anyway that a doctor could save a fetus (could it even be called that so early in its stage) even if Teri had been shot say in the head? i mean i appreciate the fact that she was shot in the stomach, making it poetic if anything.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I thought the shot location was only chosen because a point-blank headshot would have been a little too messy for TV (or at least what they wanted to do with the final scene)...

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Kudos to Fox for making it a logical, but not perfect (happy) ending. I was shocked to see Teri die. Next season is set up well and I'm looking forward to it. Great show!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
After Jack, I also feel sorry for Tony. He went against his judgement because of his trust in Nina, and now it turns out she's an enemy. He must be one confused dude.

Heck, maybe Jack and Tony will become best buddies. Maybe they'll drive around sexy tropical settings in sports car stopping crime and wearing awful-looking suits.

This may have been the best season finale I've ever seen. It provided closure, but with a mini-cliffhanger for season 2. Tasty.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Great ending! This show has been about both Palmer and Bauer and how their jobs affect their family; in the end, both lost their wives.

I don't think a head shot would have been too graphic. The stomach shot shows us just how evil Nina is (especially that look at the camera) and makes the ending a bit more tragic.

I thought Tony and Nina shut off the cameras in that room where Jamie was?

~T

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Like most of you, I thought it was a gutsy, uncompromising ending. Not only the Jack/Teri scene, but also the Palmers' final confrontation. The way the Secret Service just cut her off from her husband - very effective!!

I have to admit, when Jack was holding Victor Drazen at gunpoint for that long few seconds, I was almost screaming at the TV for him to fire. In a way, you could say Jack was finally completing the mission he began two years ago.

The mystery of Nina's employer was a nice twist - it's a good starting point for next season. I also believe Nina must have been an agent in place for quite some time.

All in all, despite the occasional lapses in logic and the whole silly amnesia thing, "24" has been outstanding TV. Given the producers have a full-season order and have already laid out a story arc, I expect next year to be even better.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I did manage to enjoy the season finale, and I won't attribute any of the enjoyment to lowered expectations. :)
Looking to next season, it seems as if most of you expect it to be the next 24 hours. Here's how I see that time period playing out:
12:00-11:37AM Jack, Kim, Tony, Mason, and Sen. Palmer get in their beds and sleep.
11:37AM-11:41AM Kim gets up to use the bathroom.
11:41AM-2:13PM ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
2:13PM Kim gets kidnapped.
etc.........
I hope that the events of next season are removed in time from the events of season 1 by several months. It should involve the same characters (Nina gets busted out of prison in the first episode in a plot to kill President-elect Palmer. Jack is now working directly on the Senator's security staff. That sort of thing.) but with some big name guest stars (hmmmmm, nasty German villain? - too bad Werner Klemperer is dead - how about Arte Johnson :D ).
Brad

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
I called almost everything that happened in this episode in other 24 threads.
First to call: Nina as the TRUE mole. :D
Result: Despite the nay sayers, I stated this as so and making perfect sense in my view. Since the 2nd episode, I said this was true and she had Jamie as cover for backup there. Also, we learn tonight the reason why she helped Jack at times. She wasn't truly employed by Drazen's at all, but rather some organization in Germany. Her cover was that of double agent for them making Drazen believe she was working for them all the while betraying them by leading Jack in some cases. PERFECT!
First to call: Nina as the KILLER of Jamie. :D
Result: She was indeed revealed tonight as the killer in the EXACT way I said she would be. When the security cameras were off, she slipped in and killed her then covered it by making it look like a suicide. The secret backup security cameras she didn't know about caught her when she thought all of them were off. Happend in the exact way I said it would. PERFECT!
Well, I was batting 1000 with this show (almost as though I worked there) and can't wait for the next season of 24. It was my favorite new show this year. Next year we should see the Germany aspect of it unvail and hopefully Palmer as political aid for Jack.
Jeffrey

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Rejected plot device for Season Two: Teri contracts amnesia again and forgets that she's dead.
All in all, it was a great setup for the second season, although I wonder how much they'll involve Palmer. Did Nina's employer just want her to get rid of Jack, or is there another overseas faction that wants Palmer dead? How much other surveillance did she collect on counterterrorism while working at CTU? Truly, the possibilities are endless here.
Dana, I'll second the vote for Franka Potente. Nina was always talking to another woman on the phone. :D

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I think a MAJOR reason Teri didn't take one in the head was for the final shots in the show! I mean..how could Jack hold her and be kissing her forehead if it wasn't there?!?!?!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Did Nina's employer just want her to get rid of Jack, or is there another overseas faction that wants Palmer dead?
I think neither is the case. IMHO, Nina was part of some mercenary European organization (let's just call it "The Alliance" for now ;) ), which sold her help to the Drazens.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the reason for not having Nina shoot Teri in the head is to keep the audience on the edge of their seats when Jack finally finds Teri, but as the camera panned from Teri's head/face (giving the audience hope), it shows the blood from the gunshot, which is a more effective way to reel in the audience one more time before dashing the audience's hope for a happy ending by doing away with the Teri character.

Nina was one cold-hearted sociopath of an agent. I liked her ruthlessness.

I do account for the possibility that Nina kept Teri alive for the time being in case she needed to use Teri as a hostage to get to the extraction point. But once she thought she had enough time to make it through without "aggressive negotiations" she popped Nina in the stomach, not only to kill her, but her unborn baby as well in a Hallmark card to Jack that she must have really hated having to fake an affair with him.

I was glad to see Jack finish the job on Victor Drazen (though it's such a cliche to have the hero saved by the baddie run out of bullets at the most inopportune time).

Tony was distraught in knowing that the help he gave Nina hurt Jack and his family, Palmer and CTU, plus he probably have the hots for her too. Tony's a wrecked agent, and will have a hard time trusting his instincts in his line of work.

So glad Lady MacPalmer got the boot from Palmer. She was just as evil as Nina in some respects.

I see Palmer giving Jack enough inside clout to cut through lots of red tape in the next season/day of 24.

Good wrap-up to a show whose last 8 of 12 hours/shows were mostly filler. Hopefully the producers will insist on an entirely thought out 24 hours game plan, and not the 12 first hours we got and the patchwork effort afterwards.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I loved the ending's originality...though I feel bad for Jack. I wonder if they still would have ended the season this way if the show had not been renewed.
Oh well, bring on Season 2 and the return of Mandy !!! :D
Thos.

Stephen_M

Agent
I want to join the chorus of cheers here but I want to tip the cap to director Stephen Hopkins who transitioned from feature films to TV so well I hope he stays in TV. All of the episodes he directed were first-rate, including last night's show.

Also, kudos to Robert Cochran, Joel Surnow, and Howard Gordon as well - their talents were all over this series.

FOX - thanks for giving the show a chance!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I always sat up a bit straighter for the Hopkins-directed episodes. I've never thought he was a great director, but he's able enough. Considering that "24" is such a high-production value show, the directors were basically shooting half a feature every week. Hopkins and Sutherland are both going to find their careers getting boosts from this show.

Now, as to who Nina/Yelena was working for... It almost doesn't matter, but my pet theory is that someone in Europe wants to cripple America, and as they stated early on, Palmer is the first black man to have a real shot at the Presidency. If he's assassinated - and there's clear evidence of a conspiracy that reaches inside U.S. law enforcement and intelligence - well, that'll cause some chaos. Yelena's bosses could have been using the Drazens as cover, so that any investigation would end with them and not uncover the real villains. It also makes sense that they would have had Yelena infiltrate CTU years ago, so that they could have an agent in place should an opportunity like this present itself.

Great finale - I can't wait for hours 25-48. Supposedly, it's going to take place six months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks