What's new

24: Legacy (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81NbplhA2IL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
And yet Fox refuses to put the bulk of the original series on blu (despite remastering seasons 1-3 for hd streaming).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm having numerous problems with this reboot. I know they're going for a more youthful audience, but the actor chosen for the lead is just too young for the gravitas of 24. Several subplots involve manipulative females using their wiles on weak men to achieve their agendas, and that's hackneyed. Somewhere there's bound to be a mole or two, another overused plot hook. And as of yet after two shows, the breathlessness that always marked 24 even from its opening episodes just hasn't worked.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I thought episode 2 was a big step up over the first one. The direction was better and the music (always a key factor in 24) propelled the suspense.

...the actor chosen for the lead is just too young for the gravitas of 24.
I've liked Corey Hawkins in other stuff but this new show is proving my long held belief that Kiefer Sutherland was the biggest reason why the show worked as well and as long as it did. Sutherland is about the only actor on Earth that can pull off a silly line like "I'm the only one I can trust."

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm enjoying it, but it hasn't been great yet (the way the prior seasons were).

Obviously, we're missing Jack and Chloe (Keifer and Mary were able to elevate a lot of routine scenes).

I think my main issue is that both protagonists are 'outsiders'. Yes, for the past few seasons Jack started outside the chain of command, but his introductory seasons he was on the inside. We accepted him working against the system because we knew him as part of the system. You can go rogue, but you can't start rogue

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In a lot of ways, Episode 2 was better than the first - the pacing was better, the suspense was more intense. The first episode was directed by Stephen Hopkins, who was the primary director for season one but hasn't really been around since. The second episode was directed by Jon Cassar, who was the primary director for seasons 2-7 and Live Another Day. Having the show's best director back helped make it feel more like 24 to me.

All that being said, my hope for a 12 episode season was that they'd cut back on a lot of the side plots that would pad out a full 24 episode season. The trials and tribulations of the main character's drug dealing brother and that brother's relationship issues is one of those plots I could do without.

I like Corey Hawkins more than expected.

I just wish they weren't playing so many of their greatest hits and had come up with a fresher story. We've seen the politician's staff involved with terrorism before, we've seen power struggles at CTU before, we've seen a mole at CTU before, we've seen the lead haunted by a mission from his former life before, etc., etc. I'll continue watching for now but I was hoping it would be a little more original than its been.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I bailed after one episode but if folks who watch the whole season say it's worthwhile, I'll happily go back and watch. I wanted it to be good, but there was nothing fresh about episode 1 it except the characters--and I didn't really care about them.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I liked the first more than the second episode, it was too much of what we've seen before. I was hoping that with the new cast, we'd see something different in the same real time format. I like Corey Hawkins and Miranda Otto's characters were good but everyone else was dull and uninteresting. I'm not giving up yet, the show's weaknesses could improve as it goes along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks